By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Has Vgchartz gotten boring?

JWeinCom said:
Bristow9091 said:

We've been over this AT LEAST a dozen times in mod chat it's pronounced quesadilla!

Unrelated story, but I used to work at a fast food place and the old dude who worked there would call me "maricon". I didn't know he was referring to me, and thought he was talking about the shrimp (camaron) Eventually I got the words confused and wound up asking a spanish speaking customer "Quierres Maricones?"

If you speak spanish, you'll get it.

Too bad you didn't know at the time, I would have broken the guy's jaw. 



My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
JWeinCom said:

The thing is when we've done that in the past, it has generally been taken not as "here's your opportunity to raise issues with the mods and have them hear your opinion" but more like "here's your chance to argue with the mods until you're satisfied with their answer". And, then eventually, we have to say "we listened but we disagree, and you have to drop it", and then it becomes "OH SO WE CAN'T EVEN COMPLAIN IN THE MOD THREAD". So... I dunno. Personally (just me talking) I'd be open to something if we could figure out how to do it right.

Eagle367 said:

I didn't see any humour in the posts except yours and I didn't really say much about yours other than it's not what you think. I did see "snark," for lack of a better term in Jwein's comments and Hiku's was 1000% fully serious. And I can't really report a mod because who mods the mods? Now can we not talk about this because I don't want to get banned again. Can we discuss the topic in the thread please? 

I engaged with everyone honestly about the thread and I ask that you guys do the same with me and everyone else.

So... when you complain about the mods... just a joke relax... when we say something clearly joking (note the hyperbolic language, clearly insincere self depreciation, and hilarious Avatar meme) then it's snark, and an unacceptable display of unprofessionalism (I'm not a professional here, professionals get paid).

Guess this is why my stand up career didn't take off. Let me know when you have some classes. I'd love to get back in the game.

But, you wanted humor, so that's how I responded. If you want me to be serious... this topic is obviously in bad faith. It's not a coincidence that it so quickly turned to conversation about the mods, that was the design of it. This isn't the first time you've made a thread like this shortly after a ban. Things about vgchartz that just annoy you a lot

We pick up on things, and we're on to the disingenuous passive aggressive games. :) When you go on and on about how we banned you for something that you adamantly insist was a joke (still don't get it), make a thread about how VGChartz is boring and ends by talking about how you can't joke around, and have a long back and forth with Kirby in edited posts that ends with "cheers fuck the pigs"... well, we're not stupid.

So, up to you. You can stop replying to me and we're done for now. Then, you can follow the rules, and you're good. Or, you can continue with what you're doing and que sera sera.

You can create whatever narrative you want but as I said, I don't spend my time thinking about mods. I didn't tell all these people to talk about what they did either, nor am I a master manipulator who knew what people would say. And I don't understand rules that I've never heard of suddenly being enforced. As far as I know, I haven't broken any rules in this thread or in my replies. I do know I can't joke with the mods lest I get in trouble. As I said, I don't want to argue with mods so can we please move on (and no you can't just write something that's accusing me of something that I wasn't even doing and expect me not to reply because it's an accusation against me)?

I've said what I wanted to say. If you're done I'm done. Otherwise, while we're here, we can put it to the community, and see if they get it and the mod team all have broken funny bones :)



Leynos said:
JWeinCom said:

DMC>Devil May Cry 5

...

Well, the first Devil May Cry in 2001 is a different game and some do prefer it to the later more combo heavy frame specific move set games like 3,4, and 5. DMC was going to be RE4 originally. So it still has some RE roots in it. Style. Gameplay. Music. I like Castlevania pre SOTN. Linear/ More horror-centric and atmospheric. So I can accept some people like the more horror-centric DMC.

What if he meant DmC > Devil May Cry 5 though? :o

I've yet to play DMC5, waiting until I get a PS5 to play the Special Edition though... just playing the waiting game, and I'm getting a little impatient lol :P



I think it's just reflective of the fact that gaming in general is boring right now.

PS5 and Xbox Series are having a slow start in terms of noteworthy games, their sales patterns are similar to last gen, Switch is doing great but is on cruise control, not a lot of exciting new stuff has been announced recently, etc.

E3 should give things a boost as we should hopefully then have some new games or new looks at games we know little about currently to talk about.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Metallox said:
JWeinCom said:

Unrelated story, but I used to work at a fast food place and the old dude who worked there would call me "maricon". I didn't know he was referring to me, and thought he was talking about the shrimp (camaron) Eventually I got the words confused and wound up asking a spanish speaking customer "Quierres Maricones?"

If you speak spanish, you'll get it.

Too bad you didn't know at the time, I would have broken the guy's jaw. 

Eh... I mean he was an grumpy old man, and I was like 14 at the time. I found it amusing. I get it's not a nice way to say it, but the thing he was accusing me of wasn't a bad thing. 

Not the first time someone's thought I was gay and probably won't be the last. It's not like he accused me of being something terrible like a rapist or a nickelback fan. 

Bristow9091 said:
Leynos said:

Well, the first Devil May Cry in 2001 is a different game and some do prefer it to the later more combo heavy frame specific move set games like 3,4, and 5. DMC was going to be RE4 originally. So it still has some RE roots in it. Style. Gameplay. Music. I like Castlevania pre SOTN. Linear/ More horror-centric and atmospheric. So I can accept some people like the more horror-centric DMC.

What if he meant DmC > Devil May Cry 5 though? :o

I've yet to play DMC5, waiting until I get a PS5 to play the Special Edition though... just playing the waiting game, and I'm getting a little impatient lol :P

That is what I meant...

DMC5 is like DMC3, except you spend most of the time playing as characters who are significantly less fun to play as as Dante.

Basically, when I played as V I was like, I'd rather be playing as Nero. When I played as Nero, I was like, I'd rather be playing as Dante. WHen I was playing as Dante, I was like, I'd rather be playing as Bayonetta.



Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Leynos said:

Well, the first Devil May Cry in 2001 is a different game and some do prefer it to the later more combo heavy frame specific move set games like 3,4, and 5. DMC was going to be RE4 originally. So it still has some RE roots in it. Style. Gameplay. Music. I like Castlevania pre SOTN. Linear/ More horror-centric and atmospheric. So I can accept some people like the more horror-centric DMC.

What if he meant DmC > Devil May Cry 5 though? :o

I've yet to play DMC5, waiting until I get a PS5 to play the Special Edition though... just playing the waiting game, and I'm getting a little impatient lol :P

Then he failed at his own trolling attempt. DMC fans know DMC is Devil May Cry.

DmC ROFL no one can seriously say that unless they have carpal tunnel syndrome and can't handle the godliness of DMC5 depth of combos. Even the Ghost Rider DMC clone on PS2 plays better than DMC2 or DmC.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Bristow9091 said:

What if he meant DmC > Devil May Cry 5 though? :o

I've yet to play DMC5, waiting until I get a PS5 to play the Special Edition though... just playing the waiting game, and I'm getting a little impatient lol :P

Then he failed at his own trolling attempt. DMC fans know DMC is Devil May Cry.

DmC ROFL no one can seriously say that unless they have carpal tunnel syndrome and can't handle the godliness of DMC5 depth of combos. Even the Ghost Rider DMC clone on PS2 plays better than DMC2 or DmC.

DmC was at least different. DMC5 really just didn't evolve much since DMC3 which was like 15 years old.



JWeinCom said:
Leynos said:

Then he failed at his own trolling attempt. DMC fans know DMC is Devil May Cry.

DmC ROFL no one can seriously say that unless they have carpal tunnel syndrome and can't handle the godliness of DMC5 depth of combos. Even the Ghost Rider DMC clone on PS2 plays better than DMC2 or DmC.

DmC was at least different. DMC5 really just didn't evolve much since DMC3 which was like 15 years old.

It evolved a lot. DmC was a de-evolution of action games like everything NT made.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

JWeinCom said:

or a nickelback fan. 

Leynos said:
Bristow9091 said:

What if he meant DmC > Devil May Cry 5 though? :o

I've yet to play DMC5, waiting until I get a PS5 to play the Special Edition though... just playing the waiting game, and I'm getting a little impatient lol :P

Then he failed at his own trolling attempt. DMC fans know DMC is Devil May Cry.

DmC ROFL no one can seriously say that unless they have carpal tunnel syndrome and can't handle the godliness of DMC5 depth of combos. Even the Ghost Rider DMC clone on PS2 plays better than DMC2 or DmC.

I've played DmC too, although didn't get around to finishing it... but what I played was much better than I was expecting in a sense that I liked how "different" it was... also had a soundtrack by Combichrist which was a huge bonus lol. 

Like I said, I'll get around to DMC5 when I get a PS5... listened to the soundtrack though and damn it slaps so hard, love it!



Leynos said:
JWeinCom said:

DmC was at least different. DMC5 really just didn't evolve much since DMC3 which was like 15 years old.

It evolved a lot. DmC was a de-evolution of action games like everything NT made.

What's the evolution in DMC5?

There were a couple of new weapons... One new gimmicky gun... and a super duper devil form. And you got to play as two other characters who weren't as fun Sonic Adventure style.