By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Has Vgchartz gotten boring?

Leynos said:
JWeinCom said:

DmC was at least different. DMC5 really just didn't evolve much since DMC3 which was like 15 years old.

It evolved a lot. DmC was a de-evolution of action games like everything NT made.

What's the evolution in DMC5?

There were a couple of new weapons... One new gimmicky gun... and a super duper devil form. And you got to play as two other characters who weren't as fun Sonic Adventure style.

Around the Network

One of the most entertaining threads in a while.

I thought the site was pretty active. It's just that we are in a slump where next gen games are pushed back and Nintendo is radio silent until E3 so there just isn't much exciting news in the video game industry.

I think it's nice forum 

I agree the chart threads are now mostly Nintendo fans circlejerking about Switch sale. I do understand why some you don't like to engage it, but I don't understand why it bothers some of you, seems a nonissue for me

I also think this place is more enjoyable when people talk more about games and less about studios, hardware manufacturers etc. What I discovered here is gamers are a strange bunch who actually "stan" companies rather than the games they make, can't relate of course

Things are definitely less interesting in terms of sales data than it was before since the Switch being a beast is now well established and the new consoles are doing similarly to their predecessors so far so that will negatively impact a forum focused on video game sales data. Though if you want there to be more fun here again you certainly succeeded with this thread and the turn it took.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Eagle367 said:

I don't think you do but enjoy thinking you're in the know how.

JWeinCom said:

Never played The Last Of Us 2 and never plan to do so. Also happen to think Naughty Dog is a group of rather overrated uninspired trend chasers who tend to make what everyone else is doing, just with shinier graphics... But, some people have taken it to the point where they act like Neil Druckman broke into their home and pissed on their toast. At a certain point you're gonna get bopped with the hammer.

Oh no not the dreaded discussions in this thread

Hey friend I miss you 😢

But you have 367 eagles to make you company bro :o

They're the silent type

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

mZuzek said:

VGC had its golden age, and a renaissance during the NX days. I think we can call this the dark era.

An era can be a pretty long thing but it will end eventually.

Yea but wouldn't it be more likely that after the dark era it just ... ends ... rather than entering a new era? o_O

We have been in the dark ages since SEGA stopped making consoles. No one has stepped up to be as close as awesome as they were.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Sure. It's like a few others mentioned on here, as the user-base got smaller and more refined it meant that certain posters habits became far more apparent. That poster who would drop into a Switch thread to claim ignorance about the games on the system only to be corrected and then disappear until doing the same thing the following day in another thread, the user who posts incredibly positive spins on even the most dire news about the xbox one system followed by a smiley / lol to imply that they find it humourous that people didn't see the genius behind MS's plan, like.... when you have those posts dotted between the posts of triple digit users then it's less noticeable but when you could pretty much tell exactly who was going to be posting the threads just by the title of them and knowing exactly who would be posting the same nonsense as a reply it in then the site becomes redundant to visit and post on because for a very long time there was no "changing of minds" here, only people who left or got banned.

Not sure if this changed much recently, I tend to just click on here now to see the news articles every other week or so and very rarely click on a thread on the forum side of things.

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 05 May 2021

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

If a thread in the hot topics about opinions on drinking water doesn't tell you where this site is going, then I don't know what will.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3