By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Has Vgchartz gotten boring?

Ryuu96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

If only there was some kind of .... mod thread ... to talk about mod issues on and for mods to respond to 

I hear enough of your Mod bitching already in Discord.

Can't deny a good idea. Anyways which clothes are boring or fun? Go

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

Well theres a number of reasons for that. For starters, Im under the impression that a lot of people have left.
Its been running for so long, threads are repeating themselves.
The age of the users is a bit high - I reckon most active users to be between 20-35 if memory serves me, so theres no time to invest to something like an internet forum.
Like, honestly, I dont care what you people say or think, Pokemon Sword and Shield are crap.

I dont know if theres such a word as "overmoderation", but if theres is, in few sites have I found it more present than here. Its impossible to have a proper conversation criticizing or bashing something we legit dont like - cause its taken as an "unproductive conversation". I keep hearing all the "good" folk got permabanned long ago. At times, the thread itself might not be discussion-worthy, and still gets locked. Just a couple of days ago they erased the "unpopular opinions" thread for no reason whatsoever. There was no insults, discussions, or anything of the sort, just a bunch of dudes sharing a bunch of unpopular views, and yet they locked it. So unless im here to say "X" thing is awesome and I hope it does well", discussions are limited. Seriously tho, Pokemon Sword and Shield are crap.

Its not just the moderation tho, people in general get triggered very easily - and in general are very serious in this particular forum. I've said this before, but bar a few people I find the treatment people have with each other in here to be very stiff. Even in the offtopic threads.

That's a fact. Even way back when I joined it was a lot more active than it is now despite already being on decline at this point I think, as I've joined not that long ago. The main problem here I think is that new generation simply doesn't get the forum discussion format. They have social networks, messengers and other stuff. So, basically the site lives off a few old users who are still around.

To me it isn't that it has gotten boring, just way, way quieter, though I see why you would get that perception. However, I'd argue it has been in this state for well over 3 years.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

To me it isn't that it has gotten boring, just way, way quieter, though I see why you would get that perception. However, I'd argue it has been in this state for well over 3 years.

I see what you're saying. But these past few months, I haven't seen a lot of threads that interest me at all. There is one good longstanding thread that interests me and the convos in weekly sales threads are more headaches than actual fun discussion, except a few good replies. Or at least, that's how it feels like to me. 

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

axumblade said:

If only there was some kind of .... mod thread ... to talk about mod issues on and for mods to respond to 

If we make a new one, I demand for us to hire you on as the secretary to handle all mod issues. 

I'll agree to it, but you also have to give me mod powers then. It's not fair to expect a non-mod to explain decisions that the mods are making  

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
Leynos said:

Pants are boring. I'm declaring VGChartz a no-pants zone! NO PANTS ALLOWED!

Pants can be fun

Bristow9091 said:

Oh how I could pick this post apart and give answers and opinions galore... but honestly it's a little too much effort and I feel it'd be taking us offtopic, so I'll just stick to the OP lol;

I don't really find that the site has gotten boring... some areas have definitely gotten more quiet, whereas on the flipside some areas have gotten more lively. For example my Nation thread has had quite the increase in posting recently, thanks in part to the user I'm quoting here lol. The only answer I can really give is that activity levels fluctuate throughout the year and as news comes and goes, which can lead to more or less discussions... but for the most part I'm fine with how things are, and have been, since it hasn't affected the areas of the site I visit. 

Well the parts I visit are boring and the people I interacted with are either less active or gone. Maybe the site isn't for me anymore except for looking at the latest numbers. And as I said, it feels the fun parts seem to gone and replaced with endless bickering and being angry another company except your favourite is having a good run.

axumblade said:

Pants are boring and I'm tired of pretending they're not. 

I think ties are more boring

Clothing sucks

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Bristow9091 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I hear enough of your Mod bitching already in Discord.

Bitching? More like bullying! 

OKAY @AngryLittleAlchemist  WE GET IT, I LIKE DMC2 BIG WHOOP, WANNA' FIGHT ABOUT IT?!

Liking DMC2 should be ban-worthy!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The thing is when we've done that in the past, it has generally been taken not as "here's your opportunity to raise issues with the mods and have them hear your opinion" but more like "here's your chance to argue with the mods until you're satisfied with their answer". And, then eventually, we have to say "we listened but we disagree, and you have to drop it", and then it becomes "OH SO WE CAN'T EVEN COMPLAIN IN THE MOD THREAD". So... I dunno. Personally (just me talking) I'd be open to something if we could figure out how to do it right.

Eagle367 said:
Bristow9091 said:

I mean, you asked if we could have more humour and fun, yet when a moderator decides to have a little fun in here, THAT'S what upsets you? Do you want me ot reset him to his factory default settings and make him a beep boop robotic moderating machine instead of an actual human? :o

I didn't see any humour in the posts except yours and I didn't really say much about yours other than it's not what you think. I did see "snark," for lack of a better term in Jwein's comments and Hiku's was 1000% fully serious. And I can't really report a mod because who mods the mods? Now can we not talk about this because I don't want to get banned again. Can we discuss the topic in the thread please? 

I engaged with everyone honestly about the thread and I ask that you guys do the same with me and everyone else.

So... when you complain about the mods... just a joke relax... when we say something clearly joking (note the hyperbolic language, clearly insincere self depreciation, and hilarious Avatar meme) then it's snark, and an unacceptable display of unprofessionalism (I'm not a professional here, professionals get paid).

Guess this is why my stand up career didn't take off. Let me know when you have some classes. I'd love to get back in the game.

But, you wanted humor, so that's how I responded. If you want me to be serious... this topic is obviously in bad faith. It's not a coincidence that it so quickly turned to conversation about the mods, that was the design of it. This isn't the first time you've made a thread like this shortly after a ban. Things about vgchartz that just annoy you a lot

We pick up on things, and we're on to the disingenuous passive aggressive games. :) When you go on and on about how we banned you for something that you adamantly insist was a joke (still don't get it), make a thread about how VGChartz is boring and ends by talking about how you can't joke around, and have a long back and forth with Kirby in edited posts that ends with "cheers fuck the pigs"... well, we're not stupid.

So, up to you. You can stop replying to me and we're done for now. Then, you can follow the rules, and you're good. Or, you can continue with what you're doing and que sera sera.

Leynos said:
Bristow9091 said:

Bitching? More like bullying! 

OKAY @AngryLittleAlchemist  WE GET IT, I LIKE DMC2 BIG WHOOP, WANNA' FIGHT ABOUT IT?!

Liking DMC2 should be ban-worthy!

DMC>Devil May Cry 5

Yes

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.