By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox is becoming the unsung hero of this generation

Wman1996 said:

There are some things that seem great about them.
-The better storage options over PS5.
-GamePass
-Backwards compatibility.

But they don't really seem any better than Sony and Nintendo. Their DRM seems to be the worst of all of the big three. And at the moment, they still seem to have the worst first-party content.

How so? Isn't Sony about to face a lawsuit because you're forced to buy digital games from their store?

I disagree about the first-party content but it's subjective.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
Wman1996 said:

-GamePass

But they don't really seem any better than Sony and Nintendo. Their DRM seems to be the worst of all of the big three. And at the moment, they still seem to have the worst first-party content.

How so? Isn't Sony about to face a lawsuit because you're forced to buy digital games from their store?

The first party output from Xbox compared to the other 2 isn't debatable...AT THE MOMENT. It is worse than the other 2 for now.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
KiigelHeart said:

The first party output from Xbox compared to the other 2 isn't debatable...AT THE MOMENT. It is worse than the other 2 for now.

Nah there's plenty of variety and games to put some serious hours into on Xbox. Wouldn't give them up for anything Sony or especially Nintendo is offering. 

KiigelHeart said:
Wman1996 said:

-GamePass

Do you have any experience with the windows store? Can't touch the files nor the directories, disk space goes missing when installation fails.

On console I don't see any difference between the three, it's all locked up tight. You can't even transfer saves between accounts, effed up.

KiigelHeart said:
Rafie said:

Nah there's plenty of variety and games to put some serious hours into on Xbox. Wouldn't give them up for anything Sony or especially Nintendo is offering. 

I'm not saying that there aren't games you can put serious hours into on Xbox. However, both Nintendo and PlayStation has much more variety and games than Xbox first party wise at the moment. It's factual. I understand you prefer Xbox over the other 2 judging by your last sentence. Nothing wrong with that.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

Actually the XBox Series X is in stock here at my local store. At least last night it was, first time I see it in stock. However CAD 600 and I couldn't think of anything I wanted to play on it right now. Didn't buy. maybe next year. PS5 still just says 'coming soon'.

KiigelHeart said:
Rafie said:

Hey we just found 1 of the 1% of people that think Forza, Halo, Gears etc is anywhere near the quality of Mario, Zelda, Smash, Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War, Ratchet etc.  That's cool if Microsoft's games are what you enjoy but outside of the improved frame rates/load times there is 0 reason to own an Xbox series X over the Xbox one X at the moment.  That will change soon and Microsoft will narrow the gap quite a bit in 1st party quality in 2 or so years when it starts getting elusive Elder Scrolls Fallout and Starfield type games.  If I'm stuck on an island alone and can only take 10 games with me to play with until I die 0 will be Microsoft made games.

rapsuperstar31 said:

If I'm stuck on an island alone and can only take 10 games with me to play with until I die 0 will be Microsoft made games.

Same here, mine would be 10 giant chess boards so I could make a boat and leave. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

rapsuperstar31 said:
KiigelHeart said:

Hey we just found 1 of the 1% of people that think Forza, Halo, Gears etc is anywhere near the quality of Mario, Zelda, Smash, Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War, Ratchet etc.  That's cool if Microsoft's games are what you enjoy but outside of the improved frame rates/load times there is 0 reason to own an Xbox series X over the Xbox one X at the moment.  That will change soon and Microsoft will narrow the gap quite a bit in 1st party quality in 2 or so years when it starts getting elusive Elder Scrolls Fallout and Starfield type games.  If I'm stuck on an island alone and can only take 10 games with me to play with until I die 0 will be Microsoft made games.

Halo, Gears, Forza are absolutely at the top of quality 1st party games along with anything Sony and Nintendo have. You might not enjoy those games, but the majority of gamers acknowledge Halo franchise as one of the best FPS ever made, Gears as one of the best TPS, and Forza as one of the best racing franchise ever. I would take Halo over any 1st party game on any platform, and it's the main reason I game on Xbox today. 

smroadkill15 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

Halo, Gears, Forza are absolutely at the top of quality 1st party games along with anything Sony and Nintendo have. You might not enjoy those games, but the majority of gamers acknowledge Halo franchise as one of the best FPS ever made, Gears as one of the best TPS, and Forza as one of the best racing franchise ever. I would take Halo over any 1st party game on any platform, and it's the main reason I game on Xbox today. 

The perceived quality of Halo and Gears has gone down drastically over the years, though. It hurts me to say it, but there's going to be an increased revisionist history of Halo never having been at the same quality as Nintendo or Sony's best exclusive titles; even though it absolutely was at one point. I'd even argue the same with Gears, with Gears 3 being one of the most standout games I've ever played. 

However, as someone who is a fan of those franchises, I think that's hard to argue for their current outings. And that's why I kind of can't defend something like putting modern Halo, something like Halo 5, against the merits of something like Mario Odyssey. I don't even like Odyssey that much, but there's a leagues and bounds difference in how disappointing and soulless Halo 5 felt to me. That's just me personally though, if you want to do it you can, but I think it's fair to say that, @ the bolded, that's built off prior history of those franchises, not what state they're in now. As franchises get more and more washed up and what people used to love about those games goes away, more people become disillusioned, and people either wonder if those games were ever that great to begin with and/or just don't give acclaim to those franchises anymore in general. You can't live off past critical acclaim forever - that's how you become Sonic. 

Except Forza. Horizon FUCKS.