By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Returnal Review Thread - Current 86 Metacritic / 86 Open Critic

Signalstar said:

I doubt most current PS5 owners are price sensitive. Hell, they may have even paid extra for a scalped console

I am willing to bet that anyone who bought a PS5 so early into its lifecycle is itching for new and exclusive content that you can't get anywhere else. Returnal being a hit and a graphical showcase bodes well for its sales prospects.

Besides most gamers are buying games digitally now and it is doubtful Sony will reduce the price of this game on the PS Store any time soon.

I own a PS5 and I'm gonna wait. Resident Evil is around the corner and much cheaper in the UK £55 vs £70. Ratchet and Clank is a title im gonna comfortably throw down £70 for however

but yes, the game will for sure have the benefit and cushion of early adopers eager to try out something built for the PS5

Around the Network
Otter said:
Signalstar said:

I doubt most current PS5 owners are price sensitive. Hell, they may have even paid extra for a scalped console

I am willing to bet that anyone who bought a PS5 so early into its lifecycle is itching for new and exclusive content that you can't get anywhere else. Returnal being a hit and a graphical showcase bodes well for its sales prospects.

Besides most gamers are buying games digitally now and it is doubtful Sony will reduce the price of this game on the PS Store any time soon.

I own a PS5 and I'm gonna wait. Resident Evil is around the corner and much cheaper in the UK £55 vs £70. Ratchet and Clank is a title im gonna comfortably throw down £70 for however

So you agree with me. Glad to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
Otter said:

Not in regards to this title :)

Or more specifically there is enough price sensitivity towards untested projects to make the $70 price tag one they shouldn't throw around casually.  

Signalstar said:
Otter said:

Why would you say that unless you work for Sony or developers making games for it? I dont get it. Did the "Games are getting more expensive to make" line work that well on you?

Last edited by KLXVER - on 29 April 2021

Otter said:
Signalstar said:

Not in regards to this title :) 

Well not every title can be expected to appeal equally to everyone.

You claim you are willing to pay a high price for Ratchet Rift Apart, which is a PS5 exclusive. That falls in line with the thesis of my post.

Others may disagree and be more willing to spend on Returnal rather than Ratchet (especially since the last Ratchet game was a budget release). And that is okay. different strokes for different folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

wow did not expect it to do so well! Maybe i should actually pay it more attention ?

This is probably the game i'm most interested in that's currently announced for PS5, glad to see it getting good reviews.

I hope the game sells well.

Sony needs to step up and acquire Housemarque and Bluepoint.

They are spectacular studios.

Hynad said:
KLXVER said:

It looks fun. Will most likely pick it up sometime after I get a PS5. Just not for full price.

Full price, which stands at 89.99$ here in Canada, is ludicrously expensive.

80€ here, which is 97 US$ and 120 Canadian Dollars. Absolutely ridiculous.

This is a 90 + game. But rogue lite is not well regarded. The price is ridiculous, but it will sell very well. Probably 5 million by the end of the year.