By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Do you still buy movies physically?

Do you?

Yes, I still buy physical 46 63.89%

No, I've gone all digital 26 36.11%

Total:72

I don't like watching movies at home, I watch them only as a excuse to eat popcorn, generally get bored and stop watching after 1 hour 

I like to watch movies in a theater 

Answering the question, I've only bought 1 digital movie in my whole life, and stopped buying physical movies during DVD era. I think my last DVD collection purchase was the Star Wars franchise and it was like 8 or 9 years ago 

Around the Network

Never really bought Physical or Digital movies. Because I usually only watch a tv show or movie once, owning it would be useless past that first time. The only time I can think of that would be more useful is if I wanted someone to watch a certain movie or tv show.

I buy a few Blu-rays and 4K Blu-rays a year. I've really slowed down from 2020 onward though. Before 2020, I probably bought about 10 physical movies a year or more.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I handle it just like with games – the ones I am really interested in I'd like to have physical.

I haven't bought a physical movie in nearly a decade. Probably longer than that.

Around the Network

It's been years since I've bought a physical movie and if a movie I own on DVD/Blu-ray is on Netflix or Prime, you can bet your ass I'm gonna go with the streamed version. Convenience is king!

Signature goes here!

Yes.

I find blurays and collectors editions / boxsets quite aesthetic. Far more than game collections.

Plus if
you watch movies on a 100+ inch screen, your going to notice the difference between BR and streaming. Not quite night and day, but there is a difference.

foodfather said:

Yes.

I find blurays and collectors editions / boxsets quite aesthetic. Far more than game collections.

Plus if
you watch movies on a 100+ inch screen, your going to notice the difference between BR and streaming. Not quite night and day, but there is a difference.

you don't need a 100+ inch screen to see the difference, I find it night and day difference on a 65" TV and also on my old 52" it was very noticeable. Of course I'm stuck with 1080p Netflix, refuse to pay a premium fee for heavily compressed 4K which stlll has less bandwidth than 1080p blu-ray nor lossless or uncompressed sound options.

If only someone would make a blu-ray player that loads fast and bypasses all the annoying can't skip nonsense. I don't understand why you would punish your paying customers with annoying copyright screens and advertisements that you never see on streaming services. Skip intro, skip end titles, instant forward and backward, instant resume, it's all technically possible with blu-ray, drives are much faster nowadays. Instead the industry only focused on protecting their content.

Anyway, it's not all bad. When I do put on a blu-ray I get to marvel at the glorious picture and sound quality all over again :)

I used to but recently stopped for two reasons.

1) Space
2) They keep releasing too many versions lol, so kept upgrading or getting multiples

I don't buy movies at all anymore