By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you on current-gen already?

Are you on next-gen?

Yes, I have a PS5 16 14.68%

Yes, I have a XS 26 23.85%

Yes, I have both systems 4 3.67%

I have a next-gen ready PC 20 18.35%

No 43 39.45%

Total:109
KratosLives said:
Shiken said:

Out of the gen 9 consoles in the poll, I have a Series X.

And stop calling it "next gen". Gen 9 is now current gen, and gen 8 is last gen.

It's not " next gen", till it really is "next gen" . 

Gen 8 is commonly refered to as "last gen", which would make Gen 9 "current gen" and gen 10 "next gen".

You cannot have a "last gen" and a "next gen" without a "current gen".  Your logic is flawed, or I am just confused on what it is you are even trying to say.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

yeah a Switch

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

EnricoPallazzo said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Don't see the point yet 

Maybe if you skip a generation then makes sense buy the next hardware of a console makes if this hardware is either BC or just have a tons of remasters/ports

For instance, for Nintendo gamers who never got a XBone a Series X might be a really interesting launch purchase, otherwise... yeah not really 

But the main reason is pricing. Launch price in Brazil is just insanity, I'm sure I can get a PS5 in than 2 years for less than 3K, right now they are almost 5k 

Wait, 5k in Reais? If it is in Reais unfortunately it makes sense, unless it can be manufactured in Brazil at some point.

Yes, I should have stated 5k BRL to make it more clear 

jason1637 said:

I got the Series X at launch. Love how fast the console is and the quick resume feature.

SSDs are a game changer 

Sid PS4 and Xbone not have a quick resume? Switch does.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 April 2021

curl-6 said:
jason1637 said:

I got the Series X at launch. Love how fast the console is and the quick resume feature.

SSDs are a game changer 

The Xbox One had it only for 1 game at a time it was called “suspend”. Quick resume is the evolution of that on the Series consoles. Depending on the game you can have 5-10 games running in the back at a time and instantly go back to where you stopped.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
curl-6 said:

The Xbox One had it only for 1 game at a time it was called “suspend”. Quick resume is the evolution of that on the Series consoles. Depending on the game you can have 5-10 games running in the back at a time and instantly go back to where you stopped.

Ah, alrighty. I never had a PS4 or Xbone so I wasn't sure; I love the Switch's suspend and resume feature, its a massive convenience, especially coming from the Wii U where it took ages to boot the system then a game.

curl-6 said:
jason1637 said:

Ah, alrighty. I never had a PS4 or Xbone so I wasn't sure; I love the Switch's suspend and resume feature, its a massive convenience, especially coming from the Wii U where it took ages to boot the system then a game.

I can't speak on behalf of Xbox One, but Ps4 absolutely has a quick-resume feature. Just go to 'rest mode' and when you boot your system back up you'll be right back where you were. Nothing special, here. I'm like 99% sure Xbox has the same feature. Switch's is best - as it is a portable system - but I'm quite certain Xbox One and PS4 have comparable features. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

If Switch yes, but if PS5/XS or a decent PC then no. My PC is a Frankenstein’s monster; it is made up of parts from several PC’s, and all parts are dated by now. The best thing about it is its GTX1060. I don’t care though so it is not going to be upgraded anytime soon. Don’t have one of the consoles either, there’s nothing for me to play so I don’t need it, and frankly I don’t see me getting one soon if ever. Besides that the look of the PS5 makes me actively not want it.

Shiken said:
KratosLives said:

It's not " next gen", till it really is "next gen" . 

Gen 8 is commonly refered to as "last gen", which would make Gen 9 "current gen" and gen 10 "next gen".

You cannot have a "last gen" and a "next gen" without a "current gen".  Your logic is flawed, or I am just confused on what it is you are even trying to say.

It's more like gen 8.5 ,at the moment. 

KratosLives said:
Shiken said:

It's more like gen 8.5 ,at the moment. 

I get what you are saying, I just always associated 8.5 with PS4 Pro or One X.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261