By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you on current-gen already?

Are you on next-gen?

Yes, I have a PS5 16 14.68%

Yes, I have a XS 26 23.85%

Yes, I have both systems 4 3.67%

I have a next-gen ready PC 20 18.35%

No 43 39.45%

Total:109
Link_Nines.XBC said:

If Switch does not count then no.

Switch is 1.5 consoles behind. 

Around the Network
Ayla said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

If Switch does not count then no.

Switch is 1.5 consoles behind. 

Switch will be last gen when Switch 2 comes out. It is Nintendo's current generation platform.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 April 2021

My PC is mid tier, with a 1660ti behind a i7-9750H with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD. It's basically a really good gaming PC @ 1080p and not very good past that. I'm happy with it for now though....

More Xbox series X than PS5 so far...interesting. I have a PS5 will probably get an Xbox in a few years whenever Bethesda starts releasing exclusive games for it.

Just preordered Returnal. Let's see

Around the Network

Series X from day one.
I would say Microsoft's dedication to B/C made this decision a no brainer. I have a lot of Xbox One games, so the combo of full last gen compatibility with improvements and full feature parity with previous console was enough to justify the preorder.

Does Switch count? If so, yes.

My current computer is a mid 2012 MacBook Air, my next one will likely be a later model MacBook.

Finally managed to get my hand on the series X last week after months of searching

Got both systems on there respective Launch days.

I prefer the PS5 as it feels like a next gen experience, the Xbox SX feels like more of the same BUT I do like it. But it's just a place holder until I build a new PC, but I am waiting on a GPU so it could be awhile.

curl-6 said:
jason1637 said:

The Xbox One had it only for 1 game at a time it was called “suspend”. Quick resume is the evolution of that on the Series consoles. Depending on the game you can have 5-10 games running in the back at a time and instantly go back to where you stopped.

Ah, alrighty. I never had a PS4 or Xbone so I wasn't sure; I love the Switch's suspend and resume feature, its a massive convenience, especially coming from the Wii U where it took ages to boot the system then a game.

Even though the WiiU had a "solid state drive"... - It's speed was a direct consequence of Nintendo cheaping out and using garbage EMMC on a narrow bus.

Dulfite said:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask or not so here it goes. I have a roughly 6 month old gaming pc, has a 2080 supermax (Advanced Razer Blade 15). It destroys everything I've played so far (permitting I don't have too many side programs running cause I am learning coding). I primarily use Gamepass PC which got me thinking about Xcloud. My computer can play these games great, but my question is would using Xcloud instead of native power cause my computer to last longer? Ideally I'd like to prioritize longevity. FYI I never overclock and I modified the fan settings to turn on max whenever I play games and I have 5 external fans used to keep it cooler (originally it got scorching hot so I made some changes and now it's fine).

Depending on the rest of your PC, you may only need to upgrade the GPU every few years... The fact PC games are cheaper and you get free online will likely be able to absorb that cost.

But if you don't intend to upgrade, then xcloud will allow you to game longer on old hardware. Shit. A 2007 netbook would be capable of running the latest games thanks to xcloud... What would really be cool is if Microsoft made an xcloud app for Xbox 360 so you could run Xbox Series X quality titles, not sure the 360's browser is flexible enough for that.
But you could probably transcode and stream the video feed to the Xbox 360 using a PC as an intermediary source I guess.

As for your cooling, more cooling doesn't mean your components will last longer, components are designed with temperature tolerances from the outset, if you have an aggressive fan profile, the most likely consequence is more wear and tear on your fans bearings and/or more noise.

Avro1958 said:

Got both systems on there respective Launch days.

I prefer the PS5 as it feels like a next gen experience, the Xbox SX feels like more of the same BUT I do like it. But it's just a place holder until I build a new PC, but I am waiting on a GPU so it could be awhile.

Yeah. It's been Microsoft's philosophy as of late to blur the lines between generations.
The fact that Series X games are packaged identically to Xbox One games but with a new sticker is a testament to that.

Plus an identical UI and all the other bells and whistles.

To me the Series X just feels like an Xbox One X Pro... Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as the One X was sold hardware for 2017.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--