By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you on current-gen already?

Are you on next-gen?

Yes, I have a PS5 16 14.68%

Yes, I have a XS 26 23.85%

Yes, I have both systems 4 3.67%

I have a next-gen ready PC 20 18.35%

No 43 39.45%

Total:109

Not sure if this is the best place to ask or not so here it goes. I have a roughly 6 month old gaming pc, has a 2080 supermax (Advanced Razer Blade 15). It destroys everything I've played so far (permitting I don't have too many side programs running cause I am learning coding). I primarily use Gamepass PC which got me thinking about Xcloud. My computer can play these games great, but my question is would using Xcloud instead of native power cause my computer to last longer? Ideally I'd like to prioritize longevity. FYI I never overclock and I modified the fan settings to turn on max whenever I play games and I have 5 external fans used to keep it cooler (originally it got scorching hot so I made some changes and now it's fine).

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask or not so here it goes. I have a roughly 6 month old gaming pc, has a 2080 supermax (Advanced Razer Blade 15). It destroys everything I've played so far (permitting I don't have too many side programs running cause I am learning coding). I primarily use Gamepass PC which got me thinking about Xcloud. My computer can play these games great, but my question is would using Xcloud instead of native power cause my computer to last longer? Ideally I'd like to prioritize longevity. FYI I never overclock and I modified the fan settings to turn on max whenever I play games and I have 5 external fans used to keep it cooler (originally it got scorching hot so I made some changes and now it's fine).

Why would you want to use cloud gaming over dedicated hardware? xP I'd just get a cooling pad with fans blowing up to feed your laptop more cool air when gaming. Could always look into undervolting the GPU if temps are high and you are throttling.

Series X yeeaaaaa!

The X.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I confess to skipping all the pages just to say that none of these options apply to me: I have a monster PC (i9-10900K + RTX 3080) AND a PS5/XSX lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

Guess so, a nice RTX 3090 arrived today.

hinch said:
Dulfite said:

Why would you want to use cloud gaming over dedicated hardware? xP I'd just get a cooling pad with fans blowing up to feed your laptop more cool air when gaming. Could always look into undervolting the GPU if temps are high and you are throttling.

As I said the heating is no longer a problem. I also said I'm concerned about longevity. Would using Xcloud make my laptop last longer since it won't be as strained?

Dulfite said:
hinch said:

As I said the heating is no longer a problem. I also said I'm concerned about longevity. Would using Xcloud make my laptop last longer since it won't be as strained?

No, and no need to worry about longevity. Laptops are built to spec and will last 10+ years assuming you keep them within manufacturers spec. The only thing that will affect it is the battery life, which is replaceable.

Last edited by hinch - on 22 April 2021

Yea, I got a slightly used Series S for about 210€.

Runa216 said:
curl-6 said:

Ah, alrighty. I never had a PS4 or Xbone so I wasn't sure; I love the Switch's suspend and resume feature, its a massive convenience, especially coming from the Wii U where it took ages to boot the system then a game.

I can't speak on behalf of Xbox One, but Ps4 absolutely has a quick-resume feature. Just go to 'rest mode' and when you boot your system back up you'll be right back where you were. Nothing special, here. I'm like 99% sure Xbox has the same feature. Switch's is best - as it is a portable system - but I'm quite certain Xbox One and PS4 have comparable features. 

The suspend/rest feature only works on a game at a time. Quick resume is the expanded version of the feature, it works on multiple games (5-10).