By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Who is the best martial arts actor?

The best one is...

Bruce Lee 12 25.53%

Chuck Norris 1 2.13%

Jackie Chan 27 57.45%

Jean-Claude Van Damme 2 4.26%

Jet Li 4 8.51%

Steven Seagal 0 0%

Other (Comment) 1 2.13%

Total:47

Who is your favorite martial arts actor and what are their best movies?

Around the Network

Its a common and popular pick, but I do believe Bruce Lee to be the very best - Movies: Enter the Dragon, Fist of fury, game of death
I have a soft side for Donnie Yen cause he always plays very likable characters - The IP Man series of films would be my favorite of his. 
And cant go without mentioning my boy Scott Adkins, who plays Boyka, the most complete fighter in the world. 

I used to like Jackie Chan a lot when I was a kid, but I do feel most of his films are dated now, rewatching them is not a great experience. Drunken Master remains great tho. 
I guess the same can be said about Van Damme, Seagal and Norris, but those classic campy 80s action films are delightful, even when they are bad. 

You can argue about who is the best martial artist (probably Bruce), but the question of who is the best martial arts actor isn't even a contest to me. Jackie practically created a genre of film unto himself and to this day no one even comes close.

Bruce Lee is a better martial artist but Jackie Chan is a better martial art actor plus he is one of the greatest stunt man of all time also. Plus he has a lot of great movies I like all the Police Story movies, the Rush Hour movies, Drunken Master 1 and 2, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, The Young Master, The Fearless Hyena, Meals on Wheels, Rumble in the Bronx, City Hunter, Who Am I?, Shanghai Noon and Shanghai Knights.

Jackie Chan is great, even though I don't agree with his political views.

I also quite enjoy Jet Li and Donnie Yen.

I really like Stephen Chow. Even though he is not a martial artist, he is a good martial artist actor.

Around the Network

Jackie Chan.

Also, Seagal doesn’t really belong there with the rest imho.

Not even a debate. Have you guys not seen this speech?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

We have a lot of good ones, but Jackie Chan in general is the very Best like no one ever was.

It has to be chuck norris. Sadly bruce lee passed away too soon and we didn't get much films from him. So I have to give it to chuck norris. His infamous fight with bruce lee, forgot the movie. Mission in action series, eye for an eye, delta force series, walker texas ranger series etc, I think chuck norris has given us more martial art content over the years than anyone else. Then again van damme brought a unique charisma to movies. I think chuck norris and. Bruce lee were the only legit martial artists.

I like Jackie Chan and Cynthia Rothrock