By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Who is the best martial arts actor?

The best one is...

Bruce Lee 12 25.53%

Chuck Norris 1 2.13%

Jackie Chan 27 57.45%

Jean-Claude Van Damme 2 4.26%

Jet Li 4 8.51%

Steven Seagal 0 0%

Other (Comment) 1 2.13%

Total:47
The_Liquid_Laser said:

It's definitely Jackie Chan.  I don't even watch movies from any of the others, but I really love a good Jackie Chan movie.  I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce Lee is actually a better martial artist, but Jackie Chan is like Bruce Lee + Buster Keaton all rolled into one.  He is definitely the most entertaining martial artist.  Here are some great Jackie Chan movies:

Cannonball Run 1&2
Rumble in the Bronx
Police Story
Drunken Master
Rush Hour 1,2,3
Shanghai Noon/Knights

You watched operation condor by Jackie chan ? Scene in sahara desert? vs a snake?

I game on all consoles and PC

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

It's definitely Jackie Chan.  I don't even watch movies from any of the others, but I really love a good Jackie Chan movie.  I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce Lee is actually a better martial artist, but Jackie Chan is like Bruce Lee + Buster Keaton all rolled into one.  He is definitely the most entertaining martial artist.  Here are some great Jackie Chan movies:

Cannonball Run 1&2
Rumble in the Bronx
Police Story
Drunken Master
Rush Hour 1,2,3
Shanghai Noon/Knights

You watched operation condor by Jackie chan ? Scene in sahara desert? vs a snake?

Don't think I've seen that one.  I guess it's worth a watch just for that scene alone?

Jackie for me but you can't give him all the credit. He has an incredible team of stunt directors, stunt doubles and even directors like Sammo Hung who really make Jackie stand out above the rest.

obviously steve, combat without falling to far into same old same old eastern enemies

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I voted Jackie because of his expansive catalog and stuntwork. He was stuntman on Enter The Dragon. That said, someone mentioned Scott Adkins, who is awesome. I'd also like to mention Tony Jaa and Iko Uwais. Those, along with Scott Adkins, have been my favorites in recent times. Tony Jaa really showed Muay Thai in a new light and Iko Uwais did the same for Pencak Silat. Honestly Iko has been the best lately, I mean once I saw that dude in The Raid, I made a point to watch as many of his films as possible.

Around the Network

Wrong thread?

I game on all consoles and PC

Bruce Lee? If anyone is interested, watch the "Warrior"-series that is based on his writings and philosophy.