By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 14, 2021 - (Mar 29 - Apr 4)

deerox said:
kopstudent89 said:

after Capcom announcing 2.5m sold in Japan

They haven't announced that.

They announced 5m and an analyst said just over half was sold in Japan. Can't remember the guy but someone reliable

Edit: mk7sx has posted the receipt.

Around the Network

MH Rise digital ratio is looking like 33%

Anyone know what it was for MHW or Animal Crossing?

Curious how outriders performed for PS5. Worth noting the PS4 version comes with a free next gen upgrade.

2.5m in Japan means the is still another potential 2.5m sales to come to match and over take MH3rd in the region while 1.5m is needed to match the 4m average of the other portable MH games.

Keep in mind 1.5m more alone moves WW sales to 6.5m just off reaching the average mark in Japan. I can see Rise passing 5m in Japan alone tbh. 

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 08 April 2021

PS5 took a massive drop from the previous week (-67%). Did Japan only get 1 week of decent supply?

Around the Network

So, in Japan, Switch sold 5.8 times more than all other systems combined this week. That just blows my mind.

The drop for Rise isn't as bad as I had feared. I would assume that physical copies are selling as quickly as they show up for now so it was mostly a matter of how much Capcom would ship. The same is probably true for Switch systems right now, at least the OG model.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Dulfite said:

So, in Japan, Switch sold 5.8 times more than all other systems combined this week. That just blows my mind.

As indicated by the ratio of Lite vs hybrid model, it seems taht the Switch did that while supply constrained. To be fair, the same is probably true of PS5.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Otter said:

MH Rise digital ratio is looking like 33%

Anyone know what it was for MHW or Animal Crossing?

Rise is most likely over 35% as the figures we know would lead us to believe that it's actually above 2.5 million in Japan; while Famitsu figures are pretty close to physical shipments because during the first two weeks it was pretty much sold out. 

MHW was around 33% 

New Horizon was between 40-50% at launch in Japan(voucher program doing work). 

Curious what people are playing on the PS5. It's sales aren't amazing but it seems a bit odd no one game is able to chart.