By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 14, 2021 - (Mar 29 - Apr 4)

PS5 restock was only short lived it seems, which is a shame. Switch now also has supply issues, although I don't think it will drop as low as last year with 25k and 28k the next two weeks. My bet would be 50-60k.

Around the Network

Monster Hunter is way bigger than I thought it’d be on Switch. I was only expecting about 4-6 million lifetime, and it’s already blowing through that range barely over a week since launch.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

JWeinCom said:

Curious what people are playing on the PS5. It's sales aren't amazing but it seems a bit odd no one game is able to chart.

digital sales/old games with boosted graphics and fps

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
JWeinCom said:

Curious what people are playing on the PS5. It's sales aren't amazing but it seems a bit odd no one game is able to chart.

There are obviously digital sales, although still seems like something would chart. As for old games with boosted graphics, I just don't see that as enough of a reason to justify buying a new machine, but that's just my opinion.

JWeinCom said:
kirby007 said:

There are obviously digital sales, although still seems like something would chart. As for old games with boosted graphics, I just don't see that as enough of a reason to justify buying a new machine, but that's just my opinion.

The whole PC gaming industry has been living under that premise for decades. I know this is a new thing for console gamers but they appear to be catching up.

Around the Network
chakkra said:
JWeinCom said:

The whole PC gaming industry has been living under that premise for decades. I know this is a new thing for console gamers but they appear to be catching up.

If they were that interested in cutting edge graphics, they'd probably be PC gamers. Pretty sure the PS4 Pro was by far the less popular PS4 model, so it doesn't seem that they're greatly interested in the best shiniest graphics. Although the PS5 numbers aren't that big, so maybe the PS5 fans are from among that group so far. 

JWeinCom said:
kirby007 said:

I think this is more an answer to what they're playing as opposed to why they're buying the console. 

Otter said:
JWeinCom said:

I think this is more an answer to what they're playing as opposed to why they're buying the console. 

Yeah, but the questions are linked. Presumably people are buying the console to play the games that they're playing on it. So, if people are buying it to play upgraded PS4 games, then that pretty much answers what they're playing on it; upgraded PS4 games. 

JWeinCom said:

Otter said:

Yeah, but the questions are linked. Presumably people are buying the console to play the games that they're playing on it. So, if people are buying it to play upgraded PS4 games, then that pretty much answers what they're playing on it; upgraded PS4 games. 

I bought my PS5 for games later in the year, but since there's plenty of PS4 games to play on it (also improved), having it now is also a win. But I wouldn't say PS4 games are the reason I bought my console. It just made me more comfortable investing so early in its launch. Only native PS5 games I have is Demon Souls and It Takes Two (Astro's Playground of course which is also the game I was most intrigued by)

gameplaywise if you go from 1080p@30fps => 4k@60fps its a new game/experience
not even taking about loadtimes take dragon age inquistion for example, thats a game i enjoy but never bothered pick up again because of the horrendous loadtimes on a ps4 or the witcher 3 etc etc

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.