By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise surpasses 4 million units shipped in 3 days

all physical version in Japan are sold out I hear

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Almost the same sales for a game that probably die cost way less to develop, I guess we know what the future platform for future Monster Hunter titles will be.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Spindel said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Excellent start.
Not quite as high as MH World which shipped 5 mil in 3 days, but that's not shocking or anything.

Didn't MHW launch on several platforms while MHR is a single platform launch (or where the launches on the different platforms spaced for MHW)? 

Yea you're right, launched on PS4 and XBone day 1. PC was long afterwards.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Great opening. Probably be a 6+ million seller in Japan and perhaps get close to 15 million worldwide lifetime. Can't wait to see the Japan Switch hw boost this week.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Excellent start.
Not quite as high as MH World which shipped 5 mil in 3 days, but that's not shocking or anything.

That was counting digital and physical for World. This is only counting physical.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Excellent start.

That was counting digital and physical for World. This is only counting physical.

Are you certain? Capcom very well knows their digital sales. Why shouldn't they include them. The wording of their press release doesn't give me any insight here. Was there a clarification somewhere?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Leynos said:

Are you certain? Capcom very well knows their digital sales. Why shouldn't they include them. The wording of their press release doesn't give me any insight here. Was there a clarification somewhere?

When they worded the world sales they include digital in their wording. For Rise, they make no mention of digital.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Mnementh said:
Leynos said:

Yea unless otherwise specified it makes most sense to assume that it includes digital.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I predicted 12 - 15 million for the Switch version alone (including the eventual repackaging of the game plus it's expansion, like Iceborne's Master Edition), and this is a great start! Though, I think I'm leaning towards the slightly more down-to-earth 12-13.5 million part myself.

I saw this tweet earlier mentioning "Both numbers mentioned above include digital." so I was under the assumption that it was digital included.
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1376434785082601473?s=19