By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise surpasses 4 million units shipped in 3 days

Apkopf said:

I saw this tweet earlier mentioning "Both numbers mentioned above include digital." so I was under the assumption that it was digital included.
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1376434785082601473?s=19

Thanks, Daniel Ahmad usually is trustworthy in these things, so I assume he is right.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Second biggest launch for Capcom, but more importantly this will have huge legs in Japan & Asia especially it rides the peak year(thus far) of the Switch in the region. Wonder if Capcom will manage to also launch it in China.

Very successful launch. The game will very likely sell over 10mil on the Switch alone.

Interesting numbers, when Monster Hunter World launched on two platforms (PS4, Xbone) the game shipped 5 million units after 3 days and the PS4 version accounted for more than 80% of sales.

These are huge numbers for Rise and very well deserved, only confirms that Capcom made a Wise decision by launching World on home consoles, they must be really happy with these sales.

P.D: it’s good to see is no longer called Crapcom, they’ve been doing high quality games in the last couple of years.

kazuyamishima said:

Interesting numbers, when Monster Hunter World launched on two platforms (PS4, Xbone) the game shipped 5 million units after 3 days and the PS4 version accounted for more than 80% of sales.

These are huge numbers for Rise and very well deserved, only confirms that Capcom made a Wise decision by launching World on home consoles, they must be really happy with these sales.

P.D: it’s good to see is no longer called Crapcom, they’ve been doing high quality games in the last couple of years.

In Japan , Rise is launching to a much bigger uservase (Switch userbase 2.5x PS4's in same period) and I think that helps offset the fact that world launched on 2 platforms. So japan it should do much better than World, internationally probably quite a lot weaker

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Almost the same sales for a game that probably die cost way less to develop, I guess we know what the future platform for future Monster Hunter titles will be.

The future of Monster Hunter will be the same as its past; two branches of the series, one on consoles, (1, 2, 3, World) one on portable systems. (Freedom Unite 1 & 2, Portable 3rd, 4, Generations, Rise)

Qwark said:

Almost the same sales for a game that probably die cost way less to develop, I guess we know what the future platform for future Monster Hunter titles will be.

I feel like we said this before Monster Hunter World.....and after Monster Hunter World as well.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

VideoGameAccountant said:
Qwark said:

I feel like we said this before Monster Hunter World.....and after Monster Hunter World as well.

Yeah, I think both subseries of Monster Hunter and their respective platforms have a place. There is no reason for Capcom to continue only one of the two.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

VideoGameAccountant said:
Qwark said:

Heh, I think the future platform will be known as the Moneyhat system.