By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Mar 6-13 - Xbox Series X|S Sales Top 4 Million

eva01beserk said:
Dulfite said:

Right now PS5 hasn't felt the impact of all the studios MS had bought. In about 2 years I think it will start hurting PS5 sales significantly as more exclusives come out on Xbox/PC.

What do you expect the gap will be in 2 years? If things continue for the next 2 years as they are the gap will be so huge that people will be buyung the ps5 as a snowball effect. Not to mentione the backlog of great games. In 2 years it will be to late. Its why I don't think the series will beat the x1. 

Even if PS5 will track ahead of PS4 in about 2-3 weeks, Sony only has a chance to sell well in the next 2 years, after that they’re doomed. PS3 situation all over again!!

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
eva01beserk said:

What do you expect the gap will be in 2 years? If things continue for the next 2 years as they are the gap will be so huge that people will be buyung the ps5 as a snowball effect. Not to mentione the backlog of great games. In 2 years it will be to late. Its why I don't think the series will beat the x1. 

The Series S/X is going to have a lot more exclusives than the Xbox One, which is why I think it will do better than One and why I think PS5 will do worse than 4 (though 5 will still beat Series because of the wide lead they get early on). I fully expect MS to scoop up at least one other major publisher before this generation is over. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they obtained Rockstar and secured GTA6 (and all prior GTA games as backlog for Gamepass) as an exclusive, which would be absolutely massive.

Rockstar? That just ridiculous. Rockstar alone is worth 5b and its owned by take two interactive that is worth 20b. 

That the series will have more eclusives than the x1 is not up for debate. Its impossible to have less than the x1 as that was the worst console in history when it came to exclusive content.

That MS can give sony a 2 year headstart and still think they can be competitive is also absurd. That is way to much time for a come back. I dont even think that sony would pull that if the roles where reversed.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

kazuyamishima said:
eva01beserk said:

Even if PS5 will track ahead of PS4 in about 2-3 weeks, Sony only has a chance to sell well in the next 2 years, after that they’re doomed. PS3 situation all over again!!

I'll be on the edge of my seat the entire time. Sony 20m ahead then sudenly xbox starts selling 5m a month because elders scrolls 6 gets anounced to come 3 years from then. Makes sense. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
kazuyamishima said:

I'll be on the edge of my seat the entire time. Sony 20m ahead then sudenly xbox starts selling 5m a month because elders scrolls 6 gets anounced to come 3 years from then. Makes sense. 

I reckon it will be more than 20 millions, but who knows. Exclusives on MS side are wide available in other platforms now day one, some people don’t need to buy a Xbox to play their games now. 

But the experts here are predicting Sony’s doomed again, even if the PlayStation division is bigger than ever. 

kazuyamishima said:
eva01beserk said:

I reckon it will be more than 20 millions, but who knows. Exclusives on MS side are wide available in other platforms now day one, some people don’t need to buy a Xbox to play their games now. 

But the experts here are predicting Sony’s doomed again, even if the PlayStation division is bigger than ever. 

You might be right it could definetly be more than 20m. Stock should ramp up pretty soon. 

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
eva01beserk said:

First of all I never said PS5 was doomed, I just believe their sales will drop significantly in years 4-6 because of all the studios that MS bought that won't have games coming out on PS5. PS5 will still do incredibly well, but to act like at least 20-40 million hardware buyers aren't influenced by where those games are released on doesn't make sense. 

It's too early to make much of an informed assessment, but based on just gut instinct:

- I'm also not convinced Xbox Series will outsell Xbox One. It's possible, but I feel like all its games also being on PC will continue to dilute their hardware brand.

- PS5 I think will sell on par with PS4 as I don't see any substantial reason for PS4 owners to jump ship/brand.

- Switch will sell in between Gameboy and PS2/DS, depending on how long it's supported for and how well.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

People do get bored and want something different. If you look at Nintendo, that has been their strategy, something new, even if I'd prefer what they used to be in the Gamecube era. Personally just want a Switch Pro controller with better triggers included with an RTX 3060 for $350 and call it a day. Thank you Nintendo.

So there are a lot of PS gamers that might be a bit bored with the PS5, the controllers still haven't improved much (I hope Matty on Youtube sticks to Xbox over PS, much easier on the arms, I have chronic RSI also), the design is too big and blocky, and the same style of games won't cut it, they need something new. I know A LOT of people with PS4 that are not even interested in the PS5, though some of that can be aging. The PS5 just has to keep the younger demographic, but 3 of my friends that own a PS4 won't buy one.

It really depends on where you live. Everyone here buys Xbox.

Alistair said:

People do get bored and want something different. If you look at Nintendo, that has been their strategy, something new, even if I'd prefer what they used to be in the Gamecube era. Personally just want a Switch Pro controller with better triggers included with an RTX 3060 for $350 and call it a day. Thank you Nintendo.

So there are a lot of PS gamers that might be a bit bored with the PS5, the controllers still haven't improved much (I hope Matty on Youtube sticks to Xbox over PS, much easier on the arms, I have chronic RSI also), the design is too big and blocky, and the same style of games won't cut it, they need something new. I know A LOT of people with PS4 that are not even interested in the PS5, though some of that can be aging. The PS5 just has to keep the younger demographic, but 3 of my friends that own a PS4 won't buy one.

It really depends on where you live. Everyone here buys Xbox.

Anecdotal. But if you wana go there in the US where I live all the adults play PlayStation and have no interst on Xbox. While their kids play on Xbox. Back in DR where I'm from you dont even hear wispers of Xbox. EU amd Japan seem to be on the same track. 

Doctor_MG said:
SKMBlake said:

Not sure about that one, depends on what Nintendo is planning to release in November as a revision.

If they can manage to pull a more powerful console which can have next-gen games at the same price as the Series S, there will be more competition than ever.

I doubt there will be a Switch revision that is as powerful as the Series S. A Switch 2 could potentially, but not a revision of the original model. Even if they use the Xavier chipset

Nope, latest rumours are about a Lovelace chip, probably a watered-down version of the Orin chip, not announced yet and with DLSS capabilities

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me