By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite main series Final Fantasy game?

What's your favorite main series Final Fantasy game?

Final Fantasy I 13 1.59%

Final Fantasy IV 29 3.54%

Final Fantasy VI 140 17.07%

Final Fantasy VII 261 31.83%

Final Fantasy IX 110 13.41%

Final Fantasy X 99 12.07%

Final Fantasy XII 47 5.73%

Final Fantasy XIV 16 1.95%

Final Fantasy XV 27 3.29%

Other 78 9.51%

Total:820

VIII. - Completed the remaster on Switch a few months ago as well.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VI, mainly because I love the cast of characters (easily one of my favorites in JRPGs, if not my favorite) and how their back stories are very well developed, and the main story just has so many moving and memorable moments. Also, Kefka is probably my favorite villain in video games.

Second place would be FFXII mainly because I love its world and how fleshed out it is, both in terms of the story of the different areas/cities and the sense of adventure that you get from exploring the areas. I also like the battle system a lot, as well as the political tone of the story.

Third place would be FFIX, mainly because it's just a magic experience with very charming characters (though some like Amarant feel kinda underdeveloped) and many memorable moments (I think this is an aspect where the older FF games really excel at). Also, this game probably has my favorite love story in JPRGs, i.e. the one between Garnet and Zidane.

Having said that FFXII and FFIX could switch positions depending on my mood.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 22 March 2021

FF7 (favourite), then 9 (best one), then 8 and 12, then 6, then X, then 5, then 3, then 4. Rest not really played all through. Not played FF15 at all, nor 11. Didn't play FF14 for long but want to give it another go.

Last edited by The Fury - on 22 March 2021

Hmm, pie.

My Top 3:
1. FFIX (best game overall, not just FF)
2. FFVI
3. FFVII

I have high hopes for FFXVI, because I loved what I seen about it so far.

VI, what makes it my favorite is the amount of memorable set pieces through the game, very neat.

Around the Network

The three I enjoyed the most were FF7, FF6, and FF9 in that order.

VI or IX are my favorites but VII is the one I played the most.

RolStoppable said:

I've had to decide to put only the better entries as individual options while the lesser games are lumped together in "Other".

You screwed up because you missed one of the most popular games with Final Fantasy 8.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

FF7 is  the only one I played until the end, therefore my favorite. I played a big portion of 8 and 9. I only started to somewhat play Jrpgs almost at the end of the ps1 era.

FF7 is a very especial game. The host of characters is the most charismatic I’ve ever seen in a video game. The sound track is amazing too.

A side note from a “non big fan” of Jrpgs in general: (I’ve beaten like 3 Jrpgs): Octopath traveler is a masterpiece. This game is not talked about enough IMO.

I've played through VII, X, XIII, XIV, XV and have enjoyed them all.

XIV has to be my favorite given that my play time is "362 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes" and that's excluding the time I've played using alt accounts.