By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Retro game recommendation thread

Cerebralbore101 said:
dx11332sega said:

Theres more than price charting can handle, some missing from price charting

There's a feature to add missing games. I think you just need a pic of the front cover art. List away, and I can add them to pricecharting.

Thanks I missed this one, Will do. I'll add the myself when I buy them. Thanks 

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Contra on the SNES

Rendering Ranger R2; a technical powerhouse and actually fun to play to boot. 

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Even though I'm playing xbox one it's backwards compatible so , xbox 360 game I made it top 66 world wide on leaderboards , I highly recommend this , It's exlusive to xbox consoles only , Watch me wreck this game , I'm better than other 1000 asian shmups experts at this game if I'm 66 world wide .

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Pop'n Twinbee is a seriously overlooked SNES gem in my opinion; with lovely pixel art, an awesome soundtrack, and gameplay that can be adjust from quite forgiving to very challenging, it's my favourite shmup on the system. No idea why nobody seems to talk about it.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Pop'n Twinbee is a seriously overlooked SNES gem in my opinion; with lovely pixel art, an awesome soundtrack, and gameplay that can be adjust from quite forgiving to very challenging, it's my favourite shmup on the system. No idea why nobody seems to talk about it.

Love it.

I recommend trigger heart , It's a Dreamcast game for now it's exclusive to xbox one /series x consoles , I did not body this game because it's my second time playing it , and if I played it more than 50 times then I'll easily beat it, I got normal ending.

Dreamcast retro recommendations.

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 30 March 2021

Leynos said:

I have not posted those as I like to post more obscure stuff first with GH being an exception. But yes Panzer Dragoon Saga/Azel is one of the best RPGs ever made. The only great RPG with Dragoon in the name I know of.

BraLoD feels a sudden pain in his back, he's been backstabbed by the silent assassin Leynos, but wait a minute what's this! it was Dart roleplaying BraLoD so now Dart's life depends on a favourable D20 dice roll. So will this be the end or will BraLoD make a surprise entrance to try to save Dart, and why were they role playing each other, did they expect an attack or was it just dumb luck? (question answered by reader email) You silly narrator look at who was saved of course it was dumb luck,find out more by staying tuned for the next thrilling installment of Dragoon V Dragoon.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 30 March 2021

I Highly and praise it recommend Dangun feveron , It's a 1998 arcade shmup , it's retro. But it's graphics eye candy, neon lights LED panels on sides and gameplay addicting for all types of shmups fans everywhere , It got a port on xbox one and PS4 , they are backwards compatible with xbox series x and PS5 , no switch port but if you have the other 2 consoles very highly recommend this shmup . I'm top 40 world wide on xbox version could get top 10 if wanted too? I had no continues run which is why I'm top 40 world wide leaderboards. Stage 5 at 12:24 mark with it's graphic + song . first 3 levels where super easy, considering 2 and 3 requires patience to not lose life first 3 stages not lost a life.

Highly highly recommend. 

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 30 March 2021