By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Beautiful, Yet So BOLD Prediction! The Nintendo Switch... 200Mil!

What do you expect for NSW lifetime?

110mil-120mil 9 10.71%

Roughly 130mil-145mil 22 26.19%

145mil-160mil (ps2/DS range) 25 29.76%

161mil-189mil best selling Console ever 22 26.19%

190mil-200mil+ (BOLD) 6 7.14%

Total:84

I think the Switch has a shot at crossing the big two , but 200m is really bold, would be amazing to see though. Also nice to see tbone making BOLD predictions everywhere.

Around the Network

So at last we finally learn the truth.

A John Lucas-alt after all.

This is very bold, however your track record since I've joined VGChartz has been very solid, most of the time winding up to have been a lowball. Eh I'll join in for 180 million, hope to be wrong, and very interested over the next years to see how this will go.

You're 40 million short. There; I said it!

I think that switch pro is just a switch 2. I don't expect long life cicle anymore, so i think 135-145 mil.

Around the Network
ChickenNuggets said:

I think that switch pro is just a switch 2. I don't expect long life cicle anymore, so i think 135-145 mil.

The president of Nintendo said the Switch is in the middle of it's life, that means the second half just started.

Kakadu18 said:
ChickenNuggets said:

The president of Nintendo said the Switch is in the middle of it's life, that means the second half just started.

I don't think that's true. The way Furukawa has talked about it, he doesn't look at it as two halves. About a year ago he said Switch has entered the middle of its lifecycle, refering to a second phase of more than two without any of the phases being necessarily of the same length. Switch now being in the middle of its life doesn't mean that we are already halfway through.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:

Recently Nintendo said that Switch's successor will have to be something new. 

(...)

Do you have a link to where they said this?  I really don't like it when Nintendo says stuff like this.

I expect a Switch successor in 2024. Switch should end up right around PS2/DS between 150 - 160 M. Anything less than 140M is out of question, even with a fall off the cliff.

If Switch peaks this fiscal year, there is a chance for 160M+. If Switch peaked last fiscal year, I don't see any chance for becoming the best selling console of all time.

Last edited by siebensus4 - on 21 March 2021

I do believe the Switch can outsell the PS2, but 200M seems too much for me. So I'll settle for the 160M-190M range