By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Worst band ever

Phoenix20 said:

Creed and Nickleback are two bands that suck almost as much as Linkin Park.
Nirvana were an over rated band, lead singer killed himself and then they became famous.
Kurt Cobain was more famous dead than alive.

Not sure if you're trolling, but Nirvana had number one albums, had platinum certifications and helped popularise grunge / alt rock prior to Cobain's death. I get the gist of what you're saying, but to say they became famous after isn't true.

Around the Network

The amount of hate for Linkin Park in this thread just baffles me. They brought Nu Metal to a whole different level. They weren't the best live performance when they first started but definitely improved over the years. I loved their first studio album.
I'm also seeing Pearl Jam and Queen which is even more baffling. I'd love to know what sort of music you actually listen to then. Freddy Mercury's voice is stunning and they changed the way songs were written.
Even Slipknot, while I can understand it is not your type of music, calling it the worst band ever is a tall order. Corey Taylor has an amazing voice and Joey Jordison was one of the best drummers in the metal scene.

I wouldn't know what I think the worst band is, but I agree fully with Curl-6's list of awful performances.
I try to avoid music I don't like so I don't really know what's out there that I hate. Things like Aqua or The Venga Boys or Take That come to mind. Never mind more local 'performers' like Eddy Wally or Zanger Rinus.

To give some perspective, some of my favourite bands or performers are Tool, Staind, Gojira, John Mayer, Hernán Cattáneo, Ludovico Einaudi, Victor Wooten, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Children of Bodom, Bobby McFerrin, Clutch, Metallica, John Butler Trio, The Dead South, Eminem (more so early years), Vektor,... this list is endless really :P

Worst. Thread. Ever. 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
shikamaru317 said:

I like pretty much everything on their first album, Ten, but it was all downhill from there, their 2nd and 3rd albums had less good tracks and after the 3rd barely any of their albums are good imo, I think I've maybe heard 2 songs from their later albums that I liked (The Fixer from Backspacer was pretty good). Their dropoff in quality was also reflected in their sales, Ten was 13x Platinum, Vs. was 7x Platinum, and Vitalogy was 5x platinum, after those first 3 albums they drop down to single platinum (1-2m sales) and then eventually Gold (500k-1m sales), and their latest album has yet to achieve Gold after almost a year on the market.

But yeah, I agree that Black is an excellent song, one of my favorites:

I actually like "Go" from Vs. more than the other songs on Ten (except maybe Once too, I forgot that was pretty great too). 

I also think this song is pretty good, after checking out the Youtube video randomly a few years ago: 

So yea, it's not really "I hate every song with Pearl Jam with a passion", but there's just something about a lot of their music - even the stuff that is admittedly catchy - that just comes off as very grating and bland and annoying. Black is amazing though, again. 

The video is good. Those irony-steeped lyrics in Do The Evolution lyrics are quite good!
"I'm at peace with my lust, I can kill 'cause in God I trust." - love that line.

"This land is mine, this land is free, I'll do what I want and irresponsibly" is another excellent line.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Well its all opinion of course but here goes.
The Beatles
Nickleback
Linkin Park
3 Days Grace
3 Doors Down
Avenged Sevenfold
Slipknot
Current day Ozzy
Dance Gavin Dance
Animals as Leaders
AC/DC
Metallica (Except for the Lulu album)
Cardi B and anything similar to it
All mumble rappers
All modern day country
Creed
Nirvana
Pearl Jam

Around the Network

I find Milow to be excessively annoying. His lyrics make no sense whatsoever and his voice is terribly whiny. There probably are much worse bands, but since Milow got played on the radio from time to time he´s certainly the worst singer-songwriter I´ve had to endure.

Milli Vanilli. Worst Ever.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

anonymunchy said:

The amount of hate for Linkin Park in this thread just baffles me. They brought Nu Metal to a whole different level. They weren't the best live performance when they first started but definitely improved over the years. I loved their first studio album.
I'm also seeing Pearl Jam and Queen which is even more baffling. I'd love to know what sort of music you actually listen to then. Freddy Mercury's voice is stunning and they changed the way songs were written.
Even Slipknot, while I can understand it is not your type of music, calling it the worst band ever is a tall order. Corey Taylor has an amazing voice and Joey Jordison was one of the best drummers in the metal scene.

I wouldn't know what I think the worst band is, but I agree fully with Curl-6's list of awful performances.
I try to avoid music I don't like so I don't really know what's out there that I hate. Things like Aqua or The Venga Boys or Take That come to mind. Never mind more local 'performers' like Eddy Wally or Zanger Rinus.

To give some perspective, some of my favourite bands or performers are Tool, Staind, Gojira, John Mayer, Hernán Cattáneo, Ludovico Einaudi, Victor Wooten, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Children of Bodom, Bobby McFerrin, Clutch, Metallica, John Butler Trio, The Dead South, Eminem (more so early years), Vektor,... this list is endless really :P

How dare you disrepect Eddy Wally!!

He's the king of the music!

Ka-pi96 said:

Can I just say like the entire 60s/70s? The Beatles, Queen etc. they're all terrible!

60s and 70s?

Burn the heretic

Anyway I don't believe a thing such as a worst band ever exist.

Bad music is just like good music, the more you search the more you find. And the worst is yet to come.

Last edited by freebs2 - on 06 March 2021

Yeah mumble rap is fucking awful, though for context I hate like 95% of rap in general.

I actually like Linkin Park, maybe it's the edgy emo in me but I liked its combination of rock 'n' roll with lyrics that were relatable to a lot of my struggles.