By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Worst band ever

shikamaru317 said:
Metallox said:

That's a hard one, it's probably one that none of us know about, but if you want to know which band that is or was at least moderately popular is definitely bad, well, I honestly don't know. Linkin Park? I never liked them and genuinely think their sound was more noise than music. I know shit about music so I'm the least qualified to make such a statement, though.

I liked Linkin Park's first 2 albums, but man they sure did take a turn for the worse. Went from making nu metal to ultra poppy rock. Their alienation of their original fanbase was reflected in their sales too, dropped from 12x and 7x platinum on the first two down to 4x on the 3rd and then single platinum or below on every later album.

I'd say the sales decline was more to do with the decrease in music sales that most acts have seen in the past 15-20 years. Their first two albums also came out at the right time - they were at the forefront of one of the biggest musical movements at the time. Not outright saying there wasn't a backlash, but there were other factors. Hybrid Theory is a great album, but Meteora was a weak follow up. Minutes to Midnight, Living Things and The Hunting Party are all great albums.

My vote would probably go to some grindcore band with awful songwriting and terrible production. I like a lot of extreme metal, but even I have a limit.

Also, Nickelback are boss ^^

Around the Network

First of all, I want to show my appreciation for Slipknot (masks and look included). In saying this, however, I can perfectly understand why their music may sound bad to many people; it's not easy to like.

[Note: art plays a big role in my life, so this post quickly became kind of a sensitive issue for me while I was writing it. Sorry in advance for the mood and the tone.]

Now, regarding the question in the OP, I'm not going to say any specific name, but just make instead a general mention to most of those "reggaeton-trappers" who shit on grammar when writing their blatantly simple, basic and lack of substance lyrics and who need the help of a machine to make their voices not sound like crap. I mean, if you can't write without getting your brain spilled out of your cranium and you can't sing without sounding like a scratch in a metal box, why the fuck don't you stay drooling in your house, instead of spitting in the good name of art?

And I say this as someone who can listen and like almost any kind of music of any genre, as long as it offers something valuable: reggaeton itself, rock, pop, rap, reggae, metal, classical, electro, blues, punk, swing, dubstep, folk... Just whatever. But that crap? The only songs I've managed to fully listen from those untalented scams (without getting angry or a headache) are the instrumental versions, and even then they're generally so dull, boring and samey that it's still not worth it. So how bad can someone be when it does much worse what is already mediocre? The word 'artist' is light years away from those puppets of the record companies.

To me, they're in the same group than the "artists" who "create" these kinds of "works of art", which is also the group shared with all those modern poets and poetesses who can't rhyme, don't know what meter is, don't have any linguistic skills or resources beyond very basic metaphors and comparisons, and can't even use punctuation marks properly. And yet they sell books like if they were free.

"You know what?

What?

I don't know."

That shadow of a crap is a real "poem" that is in a real book. Fuck my life. I have poems written when I was 8-9 years old than kick the ass of that shit. But this is what you get when you give a tommy gun to a monkey: the "democratization of art", they call it, when it's rather its murder: these walking insults to intelligence are nothing but the knife that stabs it at its back.

I was once in the same car than a guy who spent a lot of years at a good music school and who was allegedly a good saxophonist, yet his idea of a good song was standing in the middle of a stage with the saxophone in his hands, but vociferating (not singing, just screaming nonsensically) instead of playing it; he argued that was art. Heck, he even literally defended that a random tree in the middle of the countryside could be considered art. Fuck my life again. And the worst part is that his only motivation to do so was appearing in future music history books; he just didn't give a fuck about the quality of what he was doing or about making real, valuable art and spreading culture. He was just there for fame and recognition. That's the mentality of these pseudo-artists: they realized long ago that they could get famous by going to the toilet and publishing what came out of there - because that's what's considered art now (I mean, literally) - and they just did it.

Also, I have yet to listen a noisegrind band that is something more than just noise attempting to be music, and I say this as someone who likes extreme metal too. But hey, at least those bands acknowledge what they are doing.

Last edited by Verter - on 06 March 2021

I'm mostly a lurker now.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

The worst bands and solo artists I've ever heard never really become popular. 

However, if you want to talk about someone who gets played far more than I like it's Rick Astley.  I remember that short time he was popular in the 80's.  I thought, "Man this guy sucks, but soon people will get tired of him, and then I'll never have to hear his music again."  Boy was I wrong.

Someone reply to this comment with a certain link. I've never seen someone asking for it more! Haha

My first cd I ever owned was Shania Twain. My second was Alien Antfarm. That combination should tell you all you need to know about my qualifications to post in this thread lol.

I will say that I love instrumental music, especially when working. Words are very distracting, but stuff like Hans Zimmer is just beautiful and helps me focus and feel emotionally balanced.

I'm not familiar with any specific bands or performers cos I try to stay away from it, but I absolutely despise those shitty K-Pop boy bands with a passion.

Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Insane Clown Posse, LMFAO, and Ke$ha are all bands/performers I fucking hate.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 March 2021

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I'm not familiar with any specific bands or performers cos I try to stay away from it, but I absolutely despise those shitty K-Pop boy bands with a passion.

Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Insane Clown Posse, LMFAO, Radiohead, and Ke$ha are all bands/performers I fucking hate.

Why did you have to include Radiohead with THESE OTHER ACTS.

I can understand not liking them but putting them in the same list a Justin Bieber. JESUS. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Insane Clown Posse, LMFAO, Radiohead, and Ke$ha are all bands/performers I fucking hate.

Why did you have to include Radiohead with THESE OTHER ACTS.

I can understand not liking them but putting them in the same list a Justin Bieber. JESUS. 

I don't mind the music and lyrics of Radiohead, but I hate the lead vocalist, his singing makes me feel physically ill.

Hynad said:

Oasis

Wonderwall... those held notes... make my ears bleed.

Haha, I really disliked Oasis and their BritPop associates like Radiohead, Suede, Coldplay, and Blur, but worse band ever? I don't think any of them even approach. I think things can go a lot further down. SAME GOES FOR MOST OTHER BANDS IN THIS THREAD! =)

Listen to this to get an idea of how much worse it can get - 48 second mark is funny it's so rotten.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 06 March 2021

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Linkin Park are the worst band ever. Linkin Park suck!

Worst solo artists would have to be those annoying crap mumble rappers

XXXTentacion was one of the worst mumble rappers of all time and I can not believe he has so many fans. 

Last edited by Phoenix20 - on 06 March 2021

Creed and Nickleback are two bands that suck almost as much as Linkin Park.
Nirvana were an over rated band, lead singer killed himself and then they became famous.
Kurt Cobain was more famous dead than alive.