By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New State Of Play This Thursday!

Might be meh, but I'll still pay attention to some of the highlights.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Otter said:

My hopes? A strong summer line up.

-Kena Bridge of Spirits May April/May release date
-Ratchet and Clank Deep Dive-
-Release dates for Ghost Wire Tokyo, Stray and Little Devil Inside.
-First gameplay footage of horizon
-1 new game announcement. Hopefully something from Japan.

I was thinking Media Molecule since Sackboy was made by Sumo Digital but I would love to see what Japan studio is up to.  Or do you just mean a Japanese game in general? 😅

Either Japan studios or a specific Japanese collaborative team like GenDesign (The Last Guardian)

axumblade said:

Nintendo Direct one week. Sony State of Play the next week. Hope Microsoft have something coming the following week

Well it's rumored they'll have an event after the acquisition goes through. So it's actually a possibility lol

axumblade said:
Otter said:

My hopes? A strong summer line up.

-Kena Bridge of Spirits May April/May release date
-Ratchet and Clank Deep Dive-
-Release dates for Ghost Wire Tokyo, Stray and Little Devil Inside.
-First gameplay footage of horizon
-1 new game announcement. Hopefully something from Japan.

I was thinking Media Molecule since Sackboy was made by Sumo Digital but I would love to see what Japan studio is up to.  Or do you just mean a Japanese game in general? 😅

The smartest thing for MM is to port Dreams to PS5 and PC so it continue to grow. The game (some would say platform) is excellent and needs way more exposure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Let's all hang out in the live chat and stay up till then!

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
axumblade said:

The smartest thing for MM is to port Dreams to PS5 and PC so it continue to grow. The game (some would say platform) is excellent and needs way more exposure.

From an interview with MM head Siobhan Reddy last week:

I think we've got really good foundations for where we want to take Dreams. At this point we're in that stage where it's very much a creation platform, and everyone's asking us about where multiplayer is, and social features, and — all of those are things we've got in our sights, and I think the future for us is bringing in those play audiences to Dreams, and that's really exciting. For us there's aspects of working on LittleBigPlanet where it was game first, creation second, and with Dreams, it's the other way around. It's been creation first, and we're building the play layer on top of that.

I feel like a year in, we've evolved as a studio, we've evolved in terms of where we are within PlayStation Studios, we're growing to meet our ambitions — we have big ambitions about building a big social entertainment platform, and that means we have to level up our structure a little bit. We've been lucky to bring on some really great people in the last six months, and we're looking for more great people. So yeah, I feel excited, actually. I feel like the future is very exciting, there's a lot of possibilities.

More info on Horizon would be the top thing I want. I'm not expecting God of War to drop this year, so I'm not expecting it here. I don't really need to see more of Ratchet I'm buying it, but if they want to show more of it that's fine. Hope they show off the multiplayer for Last of Us 2, and have a free ps5 update for both Last of Us 2 and Final Fantasy 7R. A big Square game would be nice as well, or even showing more of Final Fantasy XVI with a demo available to download.

Hope they show actual gameplay and not cgi especially for games like horizon and god of war

dane007 said:

Hope they show actual gameplay and not cgi especially for games like horizon and god of war

This is one of the big reasons I get bored at SOP. That and the same typical games they show are shown everywhere else. They need to learn to get those big surprises that an ND does. If they shocked me with Zone of the Enders 3, those out of left field WTF moments that ND's are so good at. People lost their shit at Deadly Premonition 2 just after announcing a port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions. SOP. Boom Persona HD collection and then suddenly BOOM Silent Hill 2 remake trailer. Does not have to be specifically these. Just an example of wow that caught us by surprise. Sony has yet to come close to that IMO.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

dane007 said:

Sony has not shown a CGI trailer since Bloodbone at E3 2014. The only CGI they do now are those TV ads that drop a couple weeks before launch of their big titles.