By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter Rise Thread

Cerebralbore101 said:
Apkopf said:

Blast Dash isn't a wirebug skill. That's what makes it so great! 

What armor are you using with the Surprise Axe II? 

Yhea can see that it is not a wirebug skill after you mentioned it.

Also it took a while to reply as I wanted to get some progress done on weapons and armor before answering but I'm still not completely done. I'm running a mix set and I'm going for evade window, rapid morph, part breaker and some extra critical eye. I still need one more rathalos piece and one more almudron piece but It looks so ugly mixing so I might also get a nice looking set later. I'm trying to get most Charge blades that are good done so that is taking a lot of time and money but it is so much fun that I'm fine with it.

The image is a bit older because I'm so bad at aligning my pets that getting a new one that I like is hard

Around the Network
Spindel said:

OK I really dislike the rampage quests.

Did the first hub rampage quest yesterday and it just feels like a chore, I get absolutely no enjoyment out of it.

Don't know if it will be the same for you but I hated rampages after the first one but later on once I had a better understanding of how to play them they were a lot of fun. Not as good as a regular hunt but a nice side mode

Apkopf said:
Spindel said:

OK I really dislike the rampage quests.

Did the first hub rampage quest yesterday and it just feels like a chore, I get absolutely no enjoyment out of it.

Don't know if it will be the same for you but I hated rampages after the first one but later on once I had a better understanding of how to play them they were a lot of fun. Not as good as a regular hunt but a nice side mode

I had allready played the village rampage quest so it wasn’t my first. Didn’t like the village one either. 

if rampage quests where the main game I would have hated this game. 

Fought Magnamalo for the first time, probably my favorite flagship fight, his theme is amazing too, the build-ups, the brass on the drops, is all pretty nice.

Also fought Zinogre, another fun time but it is disappointing that the remixes keep de-emphasizing the electric guitar which makes it a stand out compared to other MH tracks on top of how imposing and powerful the track is, tho at least the second half of the remix is somewhat interesting.

curl-6 said:

Given how desperate I was to play the game, I'm glad they didn't delay it. I haven't gotten to the endgame of the Hub yet, though I have finished the Village Quests, but the game doesn't feel unfinished to me as I've already clocked over 30 hours and I still haven't even reached High Rank or even seen monsters like Rakna Kadaki, Rajang, Jyuratodus, or the Elder Dragons yet.

Especially given there's free content on the way with some arriving later this month, I really have no complaints personally.

Man, I feel bad now. I've clocked something close to 90 hours already. And using the LS only, a weapon that now can make you feel godlike without being broken. I used to main GS back in 3U, but now the new LS moves are too good to pass on.

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:

Fought Magnamalo for the first time, probably my favorite flagship fight, his theme is amazing too, the build-ups, the brass on the drops, is all pretty nice.

Also fought Zinogre, another fun time but it is disappointing that the remixes keep de-emphasizing the electric guitar which makes it a stand out compared to other MH tracks on top of how imposing and powerful the track is, tho at least the second half of the remix is somewhat interesting.

Good golly, that theme of his is superb!

farlaff said:
curl-6 said:

Given how desperate I was to play the game, I'm glad they didn't delay it. I haven't gotten to the endgame of the Hub yet, though I have finished the Village Quests, but the game doesn't feel unfinished to me as I've already clocked over 30 hours and I still haven't even reached High Rank or even seen monsters like Rakna Kadaki, Rajang, Jyuratodus, or the Elder Dragons yet.

Especially given there's free content on the way with some arriving later this month, I really have no complaints personally.

Man, I feel bad now. I've clocked something close to 90 hours already. And using the LS only, a weapon that now can make you feel godlike without being broken. I used to main GS back in 3U, but now the new LS moves are too good to pass on.

My little brother has clocked over 100 hours already, so don't feel too bad. ;)

I just finished building a full set of Goss Harag armour, I love how it looks, I'm like a Viking death metal rocker haha.

I was never really able to get into the longsword myself as I like being able to block haha. I use Sword and Shield, Charge Blade, Lance, and Gunlance. (Yeah, I know, what a noob haha) I plan on trying to get into some new weapon classes, but for the moment I'm focusing on progressing through the Hub  quests. Insect Glaive looks interesting, definitely wanna try to get good with that.

So, what's everyone else's playtime sitting at so far?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 April 2021

Have been looking for an answer, so I suppose they aren't, but are urgent quests really 'urgent'? Can I do them later and nothing happens? Just got a quest for Magnamalo but just looking at his picture tells me that it's going to pulverize me.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

Have been looking for an answer, so I suppose they aren't, but are urgent quests really 'urgent'? Can I do them later and nothing happens? Just got a quest for Magnamalo but just looking at his picture tells me that it's going to pulverize me.

No, you don't have to do them right away, you can put them off as long as you want.

An "urgent" quest just means one that's required for your to progress to the next rank and unlock the next tier of quests.

curl-6 said:
farlaff said:

My little brother has clocked over 100 hours already, so don't feel too bad. ;)

I just finished building a full set of Goss Harag armour, I love how it looks, I'm like a Viking death metal rocker haha.

I was never really able to get into the longsword myself as I like being able to block haha. I use Sword and Shield, Charge Blade, Lance, and Gunlance. (Yeah, I know, what a noob haha) I plan on trying to get into some new weapon classes, but for the moment I'm focusing on progressing through the Hub  quests. Insect Glaive looks interesting, definitely wanna try to get good with that.

So, what's everyone else's playtime sitting at so far?

I'm at about 55 hours so far. 

That is an unusual amount of time spent on a game in the time period I have had it (got it on launch day), I usually don't take the time to play that much with family life and work etc.

But I really like it (except for rampage quests).