By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter Rise Thread

Man I'm caching up on hub quests and it really shows my progress in learning to fight in this game.

I've almost only have played village quests and now I'm at lvl 6 (I have kids I have a limited amount of time to play so progress is slow for me). But I decided to catch up on hub quests and so far I've done all lvl 1 and 2 quests and it is so god damn easy. It also isn't as fun since I don't get that many cool drops (best so far is rathian plate :P ) and because the combat actually isn't challenging right now. I go in to a quest, b-line to the monster that is to be slain and bam under 10 min and the monster is dead.

But I still remember the first time I fought an aksonom and beat it with less than a minute left on the quest timer this really shows I've become better (and of course have better equipment). I actually (kind of) know what I'm doing now.

I think my main problem now is I become sloppy, I've even carted, not because it was hard but because I was stupid.

Well I'll slog through this just to be more even between hub and village quests before I continue conquering village quest :P

Around the Network

This shit is slowly clicking with me. There's a lot going on but the game isn't hard, button mashing works, but comboing is obviously more satisfying, I have already tried all weapons and I'm kinda settling with the gunlance, which is surprising because I usually go with light weapons in games. I also played my first multiplayer hunts today and it was a blast, just seeing everybody roasting the mobs to death is a pleasure to behold.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Beat Mizutsune and Anjanath last night; both incredibly fun fights, two of my favourite so far.

I've only been doing Village Quests so far, but I'm almost finished with them, then I'll move on the Hub Quests.

Really been getting into the Gunlance, it was pretty easy for me to pick up as the regular Lance is one of my main weapons, and the explosive shells pack a satisfying wallop.

Finished the Village Quests, onto the Hub!

Goss Harag was my favourite fight of all; his design and fighting style are badass and he was challenging without ever being annoying. Definitely gonna build his armour set.

They really hit it outta the park with the new monsters, but then the series has always had some of the very best creature design in the business in my opinion.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 April 2021

OK I really dislike the rampage quests.

Did the first hub rampage quest yesterday and it just feels like a chore, I get absolutely no enjoyment out of it.

Around the Network
Spoiler!
Finally got to the endgame, except there is no real endgame. Basically HR7 is the endgame as of now. After finishing the HR7 quests you just fight Narwa, which is the only Elder Dragon in non-rampage quests and thats it. And its not even that great of a fight. This is the kind of thing that makes me feel the game was rushed. Other than that theres only Rampage quests to fight Apex monsters and I really dont like Rampage quests, the change of pace from normal hunting really bored me.

At least I got my HR Magnamalo and Goss Harag sets, which is nice if you play melee and they look really cool. Guess im getting the Narwa set this weekend and then leave the game be until the 2.0 update adds Chameleos.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 16 April 2021

Spoiler!
Jpcc86 said:

Finally got to the endgame, except there is no real endgame. Basically HR7 is the endgame as of now. After finishing the HR7 quests you just fight Narwa, which is the only Elder Dragon in non-rampage quests and thats it. And its not even that great of a fight. This is the kind of thing that makes me feel the game was rushed. Other than that theres only Rampage quests to fight Apex monsters and I really dont like Rampage quests, the change of pace from normal hunting really bored me.

At least I got my HR Magnamalo and Goss Harag sets, which is nice if you play melee and they look really cool. Guess im getting the Narwa set this weekend and then leave the game be until the 2.0 update adds Chameleos.

I don't think it's that bad honestly considering most of the endgame content will be released just a month after launch. I'm a little charitable in that regard given COVID and stuff. I'm actually not at the end of the game yet with 80 hours in it (which to be fair, includes a few AFK hours and a lot of hours helping lower rank HR friends that don't really contribute to my grind total). I kind of think it was worse in World because that update took 2 months to release, and I just found the game less interesting, so I technically didn't even do any of the real endgame by the time I got to it in World because I was disinterested. 

But yea, it sucks, they should have probably pushed it back a few months, but I don't really mind how it's launched. I know someone who basically sped through the game, and even then he's putting a lot more time into it. And the update is coming out in like a week or two, so. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Spoiler!
Jpcc86 said:

I don't think it's that bad honestly considering most of the endgame content will be released just a month after launch. I'm a little charitable in that regard given COVID and stuff. I'm actually not at the end of the game yet with 80 hours in it (which to be fair, includes a few AFK hours and a lot of hours helping lower rank HR friends that don't really contribute to my grind total). I kind of think it was worse in World because that update took 2 months to release, and I just found the game less interesting, so I technically didn't even do any of the real endgame by the time I got to it in World because I was disinterested. 

But yea, it sucks, they should have probably pushed it back a few months, but I don't really mind how it's launched. I know someone who basically sped through the game, and even then he's putting a lot more time into it. And the update is coming out in like a week or two, so. 

I get what you are saying, and I dont disagree.  But yeah, maybe they should've pushed the game 2-3 months so that some of the upcoming updates would've been available at launch.  Im probably just gonna stick around playing online, which is a blast. 2.0 update comes in just a couple of day anyway. 

Spoiler!
Jpcc86 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Spoiler!

I get what you are saying, and I dont disagree.  But yeah, maybe they should've pushed the game 2-3 months so that some of the upcoming updates would've been available at launch.  Im probably just gonna stick around playing online, which is a blast. 2.0 update comes in just a couple of day anyway. 

I'm pretty sure everything after the summer update, and maybe even a large portion of the summer update, will be stuff not meant at launch anyways, since there was always going to be some post-launch support. But yea, the "real ending" in summer and the elder dragons that come along with it as well as the last april update were launch planned initially most likely. Which, sucks. You don't want a game to have about 2/3 (possibly more than 3 updates to come though) be stuff initially planned at launch. At the very least, we might get two updates at about the same rate as World got 1, give or take a month, which is nice. 

I actually knew about this for like 2 weeks before the game came out since it was leaked. Which honestly was good, it helped me temper my expectations. But honestly it's kind of funny, I worried I'd run out of stuff to do before the end of April and I'm not realizing how unrealistic that expectation was  

Given how desperate I was to play the game, I'm glad they didn't delay it. I haven't gotten to the endgame of the Hub yet, though I have finished the Village Quests, but the game doesn't feel unfinished to me as I've already clocked over 30 hours and I still haven't even reached High Rank or even seen monsters like Rakna Kadaki, Rajang, Jyuratodus, or the Elder Dragons yet.

Especially given there's free content on the way with some arriving later this month, I really have no complaints personally.