By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 7, 2021 (Feb 08 - Feb 14)

Tagged games:

Nice, Switch is back above 100K. Next week I reckon it will be back to about 80K, but it will be saved by the week after that.

Also very nice sales for SMB3DW. Yet another WiiU port that is doing well on the Switch.

Around the Network

Thought Switch would be higher with the red Mario edition, I guess stock was meager.

pikashoe said:
Mnementh said:

Switch back in the 100K club, PS5 >20K, even PS4 is up, so good week for hardware for most.

Little Nightmare launches double as big on Switch than PS4.

Super Mario 3D World launched 100K on WiiU (according to VGC), so this is a 150% increase on Switch. Incredible!

Switch may be dip below 100K in week 8 (or not, we'll see), but week 9 has Bravely Default. The first game launched with 140K on the 3DS, so even stronger than SM3DW on WiiU and we have a full on sequel, not only an extended port. So I think Bravely Default II should be enough to bring Switch back above 100K.

Switch 2021 has a little time to build the lead over 2020, before inevitable it gets beaten by AC launch week. It will be very interesting to see if one week later MonHun Rise can bring a similar boost as AC and revert the loss.

Week 9 also has the new Story of Seasons game which is looking like its going to have a pretty big launch.

Right, so it is even more sure, that Switch will be above 100K. Nice. Can Switch keep above 100K from now on until MonHun? Would be quite a feat.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Switch has another 100k+ week and crossed the 1m mark after just 7 weeks.  Momotaro sales are gradually coming down to earth with another WoW drop (17%).  I still think it will be an evergreen for Japan though.  And all that time it's sales were soaring gave meant Switch sales stayed high until other titles like 3D World could get released.  There are enough significant titles coming that Switch could easily average 100k+ weekly sales for the rest of the year.  Nintendo just needs to keep supply from getting short.  There is a pretty good chance of Switch annual sales being up YoY, but obviously we are still really early in the year and a lot can still happen.

PS5 sold almost 23k this week.  I am really interested if they actually have titles chart in the top 30 this week (and if so, by how much).  Most of those systems have a disc drive (22,336 vs 554 digital ony).  One might normally assume these people would want to buy a PS5 disc to put into their PS5.  I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 18 February 2021

Jranation said:
Farsala said:

With the announcement of Splatoon 3, MK8 Deluxe should quickly surpass Splatoon 2 in the coming weeks.

The fact MK8 haven't outsold Splatoon 2 just shows how great the Splatoon IP is. Japan really fell in love with this game. 

Splatoon 2 is after all a unique game exclusive to the Switch. Splatoon team doing great!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

So I was thinking of another weird scenario that would be...... insane

2021 > 2020 right (famitsu sell thru) by barely. So 6mil-6.2mil by years end.... something that’s already being discussed. If true the. That would mean NSW will be around the 24.5mil sell thru rate.

Now for the weird insane theory... every year from 2017 will be up YoY from the last. Then decline... or will it? How about a chance of 2022 being up once again YoY?

That'd be absolutely bonkers!

Then again, Splatoon 3...

Bofferbrauer2 said:
tbone51 said:

2021 > 2020 right (famitsu sell thru) by barely. So 6mil-6.2mil by years end.... something that’s already being discussed. If true the. That would mean NSW will be around the 24.5mil sell thru rate.

Now for the weird insane theory... every year from 2017 will be up YoY from the last. Then decline... or will it? How about a chance of 2022 being up once again YoY?

there seems to be a high chance that BOTW2 is also coming 2022 so there is that.

and its VERY possble that switch projects from 3rd parites that started in 2019 will come out in 2022.

The base Switch is apparently still selling out at a lot of retailers in Japan. 

(Sorry, accidental double post when my computer froze)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 February 2021

Bofferbrauer2 said:
tbone51 said:

TheBraveGallade said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

there seems to be a high chance that BOTW2 is also coming 2022 so there is that.

and its VERY possble that switch projects from 3rd parites that started in 2019 will come out in 2022.

Wanted to say it’s not guaranteed but some random thoughts

with famitsu 2022 actuallyweek 1 starts on Dec26 and ends Jan1st. Has a 53 week year with the final week being dec 25tg-31st.

Botw2 and Splatoon3 with possible price cuts/revision/etc