By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New 50 minutes long Nintendo Direct tomorrow

S.Peelman said:

50 minutes is quite a lot, even if Smash takes up half of it. There could potentially be new trailers for quite some stuff we're expecting; BotW2, MP4, Snap, Bayonetta. Though it does say "first half of 2021". Obviously there'll also be a sizzle reel of small stuff that takes up 10 minutes. I hope there's also a surprise at the end, even if it'll be something I wouldn't be buying, but just because it's fun.

It is the 35th anniversary of Zelda this year, so Im sure we get something from that series.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
S.Peelman said:

50 minutes is quite a lot, even if Smash takes up half of it. There could potentially be new trailers for quite some stuff we're expecting; BotW2, MP4, Snap, Bayonetta. Though it does say "first half of 2021". Obviously there'll also be a sizzle reel of small stuff that takes up 10 minutes. I hope there's also a surprise at the end, even if it'll be something I wouldn't be buying, but just because it's fun.

It is the 35th anniversary of Zelda this year, so Im sure we get something from that series.

That is also a thing. I didn't even think about that yet, thanks.

I'm hyped, but I gotta say I'm expecting NOT to get any Zelda news this time. I think they will wait till later in the year and do a Zelda specific announcement similar to the Mario one last year.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

A full direct. Here's hoping Smash doesn't take up much time.

I really hope we get some info on Zelda. I think they're gonna save the rumored Diamond and Pearl remakes for a Pokemon Direct. It's tough to predict Nintendo. So I can't even really try much. It would be nice to get some N64 games on Switch Online. I'm sure we'll get some third-party surprises too, maybe even some same day releases.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

RolStoppable said:

I don't remember the last time when a Direct was setting wrong expectations among people with working reading comprehension, so when it's stated that the focus will be on SSBU and games released during the first half of 2021, then that's what the lion share of the Direct will definitely be about.

Hi, my teacher says I am functionally illiterate. Should I expect this Nintendo Direct to talk in-depth about Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Breath of the Wild 2, the new Earthbound game, and the Switch Pro, and is it safe to assume that anything that doesn't show up at this Direct will never exist and that Nintendo ran over my dog?

Ultrashroomz said:

If they don't announce GameCube games for the Wii U, I'm throwing my Switch in the ocean, and boycotting Nintendo forever.

Electronic devices are assembled with many chemicals and metals that are actively harmful to our oceans and wildlife. Please consider eating your Switch instead. Perhaps with some light barbecue sauce to minimize the metallic flavor.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
SKMBlake said:

I want more cloud games

Why? I mean if them company's ever shut down the servers how can you be compensated? or play the game that you paid full price for?. Id understand buying them if the was the promise you could download a digital copy onto a future more powerful switch. But buying them and having them kept in the cloud just doesn't seem like a wise investment to me. Id understand if Nintendo had their own cloud service and charged a fee to play a bunch of games on it like ms with game pass for android. But this way and the google stadia way of buying one full game at full price thats stuck in the cloud just doesnt sit with me..

And also am i the only one who wish Nintendo would release some Mario Kart 8 DLC instead of smash -_- .

Depends how you look at it. I have Control on my PC, played it, finished it, like it quite a bit but I'm most probably never gonna return to it so had I gone with the Switch cloud version I could have done exactly the same. So someone who like me wants the one-time experience but only has a Switch will be perfectly content with a cloud version of the game.

Signature goes here!

noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:

I don't remember the last time when a Direct was setting wrong expectations among people with working reading comprehension, so when it's stated that the focus will be on SSBU and games released during the first half of 2021, then that's what the lion share of the Direct will definitely be about.

Hi, my teacher says I am functionally illiterate. Should I expect this Nintendo Direct to talk in-depth about Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Breath of the Wild 2, the new Earthbound game, and the Switch Pro, and is it safe to assume that anything that doesn't show up at this Direct will never exist and that Nintendo ran over my dog?

Ultrashroomz said:

If they don't announce GameCube games for the Wii U, I'm throwing my Switch in the ocean, and boycotting Nintendo forever.

Electronic devices are assembled with many chemicals and metals that are actively harmful to our oceans and wildlife. Please consider eating your Switch instead. Perhaps with some light barbecue sauce to minimize the metallic flavor.

You think oceans exists?

OMG hype

PLS show Breath of the Wild's sequel, I NEED it even if it says the Direct is focused on games coming out in the first half of the year.

La Resistance - Depression, Anxiety, and Covid.

Mick Foley - Gamers

The Rock - Nintendo Direct

Jim Ross - Me

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 16 February 2021

General Directs are back!! :D