By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New 50 minutes long Nintendo Direct tomorrow

Metallox said:
Nautilus said:

Now that I have processed the information properly, the Mario Golf news probably means that the dream of a new Golden Sun game is further away from happening

I"m sad right now.

At least the golf game looks okay. I wouldn't buy it but it looks way better than the Mario Tennis for Wii U, for examples, which was barebones as hell. 

Well yes, Baby steps I guess.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Outer Wilds is secretly the best game of the show.

Other than that Mario Golf and Ghost and Goblins are the only games that look interting to me for H1.

Jranation said:

And im guessing Japan is going to eat up Miitopia..... cant wait for how it sells.

Miitopia actually sold best in europe:

https://www.vgchartz.com/game/149746/miitopia/sales

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

JWeinCom said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Since it was focused on first half can I make a thread about I'm staring at an abyss where Nintendo will soon celebrate one year without a first party game release? 

I don't think so, cause I'm not sure how that would be accurate. Origami King came out in July, Snap will be April, and Mario Golf in June.

I thought Snap was Third Party

If this momentum can hold into the 2nd half of the year, 2021 will be HUGE. I'm already on board with Bravely Default 2, Monster Hunter Rise, New Pokemon Snap, Mario Golf: Super Rush, and No More Heroes 3.

EDIT: Skyward Sword HD as well. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

I REALLY hope that Square doesn"t keep the Triangle Strategy name.

It worked for Octopath Traveler.It won"t for this one.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

IcaroRibeiro said:
JWeinCom said:

I don't think so, cause I'm not sure how that would be accurate. Origami King came out in July, Snap will be April, and Mario Golf in June.

I thought Snap was Third Party

You are actually correct. It is being developed by Bandai Namco.

Mario Golf is made by Camelot which is a second party.

So, yeah... I guess Nintendo hasn't released any original first party full games in about a year... wow.

I thought this was a very strong Direct. I expected more stuff for games we already know about: Disgaea, Rune Factory, Story of Seasons, Snap... but they actually left them out. Bravely Default was only mentioned quick. Only MonHun got some more time.

Then it also was pretty fast, one game after the other. This meant they covered a lot of ground.

So nothing here really was the mega big game, except Splatoon 3 which is 2022, but the amount of cool announcements really blew my mind. Switch gets a wide variety of games to play in 2021. Adding all we already knew about to this, we already have a lineup of lots of different games.

Personally naturally Triangle Strategy is blowing my mind, but a lot of the stuff here was actually good. With a lineup like this I actually think Switch sales will grow in 2021.

stuff I liked:

• Triangle strategy obviously
  • AOC DLC
  • the Aspyr Zombie game
  • Legend of Mana
  • Splatoon 3
  • Mario Golf
  • MonHun&Bravely (but we knew this already)
  • Pyra/Mythra
  • Fall Guys
  • Outer Wilds
Last edited by Mnementh - on 17 February 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Nautilus said:

I REALLY hope that Square doesn"t keep the Triangle Strategy name.

It worked for Octopath Traveler.It won"t for this one.

I wouldn't worry, Triangle Strategy is not a commercial name in any universe. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

So big highlight for me was Triangle Strategy. Love strategy RPGs and the 2.5D asthetic from Octopath, so this is right in my wheelhouse.

Other notables for me were Famicom Detective Series, Mario Golf: Super Rush and the Ninja Gaiden collection. Monster Hunter was already on my most wanted. Would add No More Heroes 3 but the gameplay for that looked shockingly rough for some reason.