By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New 50 minutes long Nintendo Direct tomorrow

saga frontier and legend of mana on switch I am so excited for both of these games I lost my ps1 copies after the hurricanes in 2017

Around the Network

I was expecting the Splatoon team to release a new IP and just release Splatoon 3 for the Switch 2.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Metallox said:
Hynad said:

I don’t know... Maybe you’re not the only audience out there?

Obviously. It's an odd choice if you ask me, though. 

I'm pretty sure it's a popular show at the moment.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Metallox said:

Obviously. It's an odd choice if you ask me, though. 

No idea it was a show. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Jranation said:
Mnementh said:

Miitopia actually sold best in europe:

https://www.vgchartz.com/game/149746/miitopia/sales

Oh thats shocking. Is it because of tomodachi life? 

Dunno. But there is probably some overlap in fanbases.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

I thought this was a very strong Direct. I expected more stuff for games we already know about: Disgaea, Rune Factory, Story of Seasons, Snap... but they actually left them out. Bravely Default was only mentioned quick. Only MonHun got some more time.

Then it also was pretty fast, one game after the other. This meant they covered a lot of ground.

So nothing here really was the mega big game, except Splatoon 3 which is 2022, but the amount of cool announcements really blew my mind. Switch gets a wide variety of games to play in 2021. Adding all we already knew about to this, we already have a lineup of lots of different games.

Personally naturally Triangle Strategy is blowing my mind, but a lot of the stuff here was actually good. With a lineup like this I actually think Switch sales will grow in 2021.

stuff I liked:

• Triangle strategy obviously
  • AOC DLC
  • the Aspyr Zombie game
  • Legend of Mana
  • Splatoon 3
  • Mario Golf
  • MonHun&Bravely (but we knew this already)
  • Pyra/Mythra
  • Fall Guys
  • Outer Wilds

This.

This was probably my favorite Nintendo Direct so far.  Project Triangle Strategy is a game that I've been waiting 25 years for.  It actually looks better than anything I could have asked for.  I've been waiting since 1997 for a really good follow up to Final Fantasy Tactics, and this looks like the game I've been wanting (or better).

Ironically, I really only liked the NES/SNES Zeldas and I had to wait 25 years after Link to the Past for a worthy follow up, which was Breath of the Wild.  Switch is turning out to be a great system for me.  All I need is someone to make great successor games to Freedom Force and Heroes of Might and Magic 2 (or 3), and all of my most favorite games of all time will be represented in some fashion on the Switch (FF7, Katamari, Dark Souls, etc...).  It feels greedy to ask for more, but right now I feel like I'm on a roll.

With Nintendo's willingness to release two Splatoon games on a single platform, I would not be surprised if MK9 is the Switch's big holiday title this year.

Metallox said:
zorg1000 said:

No idea it was a show. 

I can see how it would seem random without knowing that lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

JWeinCom said:

Doesn't seem likely to happen. They at least have enough decent third party support to keep the momentum going, and the evergreen titles are still selling well. The first half of the year lineup isn't objectively bad, it's just weird that basically nothing is coming from Nintendo themselves.

You don't think remaking two SNES visual novels is resource-intensive?

Oh yeah, and Miitopia. I forgot about Miitopia. Which is probably unfair; was the 3DS game at all meaty? I literally don't know if the game had anything on its bones or not.

RolStoppable said:

Pyra in Smash looked awesome. Still doesn't make me care about the game, but I rarely found myself enjoying a Smash fighter reveal this much.

This was a weak Direct overall. We are getting Splatoon 3, but no sight of Mario Kart 9 or Super Mario Bros. 5, two IPs which have yet to get a new installment on Switch. Aonuma talks about how Skyward Sword influenced Breath of the Wild which makes me shake my head in disbelief. A bunch of American games that look awful got screentime.

Whether you like or not, the three things that Aonuma said were translated from SS to BotW are... true. Except the last one, sort of.  You can't upgrade weapons in BotW, which absolutely sucks. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.