By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New 50 minutes long Nintendo Direct tomorrow

Not a ton of interesting stuff. Lack of BotW 2 info/footage is a bit disappointing. Didn't even show any Pokemon Snap 2 footage.

Though there were some surprise game announcements which are always fun. I certainly didn't expect Splatoon 3 and a new Mario Golf game. That SE tactical RPG looks interesting. Reminds me of Octopath along with FF Tactics.

In terms of ports and multiplat, happy to see Appex and Fall Guys. Legend of Mana is a game that somewhat interests me. Remember watching my buddy play back in the 90s, I remember it being pretty underrated. It has that unique map system and colorful art style going for it.

Love me some Xenoblade 2 and I have an uber nerd crush on Pyra/Mythra. May have to finally pull the trigger on a DLC character pack.

I guess I'd better just let go of hoping for a new F-Zero otherwise I'm just going to continue to let myself down heh.

As an owner of multiple consoles (and now new gaming PC), I don't really need many new games right now - esp given my Switch backlog is still fairly extensive. Still, I feel like this direct would be a tad disappointing for those Switch-only console owners. Overall I'd consider this "ok." Sufficient but could have been better, especially given how long it's been since the last major direct.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Nautilus said:

I REALLY hope that Square doesn"t keep the Triangle Strategy name.

It worked for Octopath Traveler.It won"t for this one.

I wouldn't worry, Triangle Strategy is not a commercial name in any universe. 

Hope you are right.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Two more PS1 titles that made it to the Switch. Very happy with this kind sorta revival of the PS1 RPG era.

JWeinCom said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I thought Snap was Third Party

You are actually correct. It is being developed by Bandai Namco.

Mario Golf is made by Camelot which is a second party.

So, yeah... I guess Nintendo hasn't released any original first party full games in about a year... wow.

Waiting for Switch sales fall in the abyss so Nintendo will release something 

Cannot wait for Skyward Sword, those LoZ joy cons are just bliss and Age of Calamity DLC

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
JWeinCom said:

You are actually correct. It is being developed by Bandai Namco.

Mario Golf is made by Camelot which is a second party.

So, yeah... I guess Nintendo hasn't released any original first party full games in about a year... wow.

Doesn't seem likely to happen. They at least have enough decent third party support to keep the momentum going, and the evergreen titles are still selling well. The first half of the year lineup isn't objectively bad, it's just weird that basically nothing is coming from Nintendo themselves.

JWeinCom said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Doesn't seem likely to happen. They at least have enough decent third party support to keep the momentum going, and the evergreen titles are still selling well. The first half of the year lineup isn't objectively bad, it's just weird that basically nothing is coming from Nintendo themselves.

It's like a I said a while back, Nintendo is content now with taking a step back and shifting gears towards their next system which is currently under development. They'll still develop games and provide support for the system to keep momentum steady, but now they're letting 3rd party companies take the driver's seat when it comes to Switch support.

Seemed to be aimed at XD-Millennials and Zoomers/Zoomies (whatever they call themselves).

There were four things that I found interesting, Mario Golf, the Mario AC update, the Detective double-game, and the Tactics Ogre looking Square game. I suppose the Capcom collection version 38 might be cool. Miitopia costs money? Seems like it should be a freemium game - I'd probably check it out then.

Honesty, I found more interesting stuff looking at the upcoming games for February EShop videos a few weeks back. With those, longer video clips, I can focus on games that look interesting, and the games on there are stuff I can play soon or now, not stuff that's coming out in f-ing 2022.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

JWeinCom said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

IKR, was just joking

Mnementh said:
Jranation said:

And im guessing Japan is going to eat up Miitopia..... cant wait for how it sells.

Miitopia actually sold best in europe:

https://www.vgchartz.com/game/149746/miitopia/sales

Oh thats shocking. Is it because of tomodachi life? 

Pocky Lover Boy!