By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google Stadia closes internal studios and change business focus

People gonna lose all their purchases, lol.

Around the Network

Bye bye stadia.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Google shouls make some sacrifices and make Stadia a better proposition, like eliminating the fees for games and onky keeping the subscriptions. Looking at this, it looks like they won't.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Bye hoe

Not surprised. It was dead on arrival.

Around the Network

When they launched with such a crap lineup, I assumed it was a sort of soft launch to get everything in place... Apparently I was wrong and they were just incompetent.

Random_Matt said:

People gonna lose all their purchases, lol.

I hope there's some sort of lawsuit against Google to try and give the users their investment back. I know they should have known better, but still taking their purchases and leaving them with nothing after such a short amount of time seems legally questionable. And make no mistake, the shutdown will happen and soon.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

How very very very expected.

It was always doubtful if their 1st party games would be good enough to convince people to use the service, but now there's certainly less reason to do that in the future. Securing 3rd party exclusives from indies and AA devs ain't gonna cut it.

Stadia was never anything more than a solution in search of a problem that didn't exist.