By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google Stadia closes internal studios and change business focus

IcaroRibeiro said:
DonFerrari said:

I would say you got it wrong. Just look at stadia or any other cloud alternative.

The cloud make your experience worse, exactly because of not only its limitation (like broadband connection) but also that on PC you can have as good an experience as you want but hardly you'll have that on the cloud.

Let's look at netflix for example, even if you pay for their best option of service the 4k is subpar quality and content on it is minimal.

Internet and overall sever infrastructure still not there yet, but it will eventually. Netflix (and thus Disney+, Amazon Prime and so on) true 4k will soon be commonplace for newer blockbuster productions (although not for older ones, or smaller budget ones)

Every time we improve infrastructure for internet we end up also making everything more resource hog, so don`t expect that to be solved anytime soon.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

As long as cloud systems don't replace the more traditional gaming market (and I don't think they will), it's good to have these options around, so Stadia never bothered me and I don't have any personal reason to want to see it dead, so I hope Google can still keep it alive in spite of this.

Seeing how they managed this service from the beginning, however, makes me doubt they will. This is kind of an exaggeration, but they did just all the right things to do if their goal was to kill Stadia.

I'm mostly a lurker now.