By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google Stadia closes internal studios and change business focus

dx11332sega said:

This just leaves Amazon as the only cloud besides xcloud, I think amazon will learn from this and price luna in a better way to no shut luna I have a feeling amazon will try and get some publisher , and price luna as sexy as gamepass? I tthink amazon is happy about this now they can competee in a 4 way with microsoft,sony, and ninttendo?

Amazon has failed twice already and will continue to fail. They can't run a gaming division

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-01-29/amazon-game-studios-struggles-to-find-a-hit

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

goes to show that you need more than just money to be competitive. I hope the other ones take notice. But as far as im concerned let all subscription services burn in hell.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

That was fast.

Wait no, took longer than anyone thought.

I always figured they would at least give it a few more years before doing something like this, damn that was quick 

I think a service like Stadia could have worked, it's just obvious the people running it at Google weren't the ones to do it or know how to, guess we'll see how Amazon fares in comparison

also RIP typhoon studios, they barely got acquired by them a year ago, but I guess they knew the risk

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 01 February 2021

I think I remember just weeks ago somebody here premised entire rant thread on assuming as fact that Google and Amazon would take over Playstation's market.

LOL VGChartz, forever market analysis geniuses...

Around the Network

A terrible business plan, and poor value proposition product/service, conceived by idiots. It's amazing this mess of an idea made it out of somebody's mouth, and into the brains of anybody in a position of authority without being immediately shut down. Much more so that it made it to an official launch, and that no course corrections were made since that time, as the business quite clearly, was floundering. Good news though. I hope these bricks laid today pave the way to oblivion. Fuck Google, and fuck Stadia. It sucks so hard, and made so little impact, you can legitimately say that here without fear of reprisal, because you're only risking offending Barkley.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Wow, I am in total and utter shock. Who could have seen this coming.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

Feels bad for the people who are losing their jobs.

Saying that, cloud gaming isn't where its at.

mZuzek said:

Personally I always felt that Stadia was going to become a big thing at some point

How ?

I'm waiting for Phil to tweet one true gaming rival down and one to go,all it took was the aura emanating from Azure to blow them away now where's Luna

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot