Super NES 50 35.97%

Megadrive/Genesis 1 0.72%

PS1 50 35.97%

N64 18 12.95%

Saturn 3 2.16%

Dreamcast 4 2.88%

Other 4 2.88%

Total:139

What do you think was the best home console released before the turn of the Millennium, and why?

Around the Network

PS1 by default for me as it's the only one I really invested any major time into. I played N64 a little bit but the only game I played on it was Mario Kart 64.

I grew up playing SNES, so...

SNES obviously ;)

I loved my SNES, which had one of my favorite games of all time, Super Mario World, along with Super Mario All-Stars, but I'll have to say it's the PS1.

Around the Network

it's close between SNES - PS1 - Dreamcast

Might have to go with PS1

Super Nintendo. Its best games still hold amazingly well today.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I had all of them except for the Saturn. I enjoyed them all but PS1 was my favourite. Tekken, resident evil, metal gear solid and final fantasy are some of my favourite series

FM Towns Marty

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Dreamcast is my fave system ever but I think NES and SNES are the two greatest systems ever. One revitalized the western and Japanese gaming markets. Gave birth to some of the most famous franchises and many of them still going from Nintendo's own to 3rd party series. SNES gave us the best of many of those same franchises in the midst of the best console war ever. The console war every console war since owes itself to.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!