Super NES 50 35.97%

Megadrive/Genesis 1 0.72%

PS1 50 35.97%

N64 18 12.95%

Saturn 3 2.16%

Dreamcast 4 2.88%

Other 4 2.88%

Total:139

It's the SNES, followed very closely by the N64 and then Mega Drive in third place. Then NES.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

Why is snes so high? Ps1 did more for gaming than snes ever could. The games on Ps1 are far superior and has more classics than snes ever could 

N64 was drab apart from small handful of games 

I can definitely see why someone might prefer the PS1, but to sit here and say the SNES lacked classics compared to the PS1 is hilarious at best.

Donkey Kong trilogy, several mainline Final Fantasy games (including arguably the best one in VI), A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, and the list goes on.  Between 1st and 3rd party, the SNES has a damn near untouchable library when it comes to iconic games that debuted on the system.

The PS1, while comparable, I would argue falls short to the SNES in iconic games (though only a little and so close it is subjective).  The big difference that gives the SNES the edge however is how much better the games have aged, as I said above.  It really is no surprise at all that the SNES has scored so high.

Last edited by Shiken - on 08 February 2021

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
Skeeuk said:

Why is snes so high? Ps1 did more for gaming than snes ever could. The games on Ps1 are far superior and has more classics than snes ever could 

N64 was drab apart from small handful of games 

I can definitely see why someone might prefer the PS1, but to sit here and say the SNES lacked classics compared to the PS1 is hilarious at best.

Donkey Kong trilogy, several mainline Final Fantasy games (including arguably the best one in VI), A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, and the list goes on.  Between 1st and 3rd party, the SNES has a damn near untouchable library when it comes to iconic games that debuted on the system.

The PS1, while comparable, I would argue falls short to the SNES in iconic games (though only a little and so close it is subjective).  The big difference that gives the SNES the edge however is how much better the games have aged, as I said above.  It really is no surprise at all that the SNES has scored so high.

Saturn because of focus on 2d sprites aged better than Psone. I have at least 60 games in my Saturn collection. I voted on NES, but only have a NES mini. 16 bit and 32 bit sprites aged very good and only last years 8 bits on NES e all Master System library aged very well too. I want a Saturn mini and Master system mini. better than Psone mini, i believe. 

Favourite is different from best. The best would have to be quite distinctive for its time, or a milestone in video game history. For that NES probably takes that glory just for the influence it has had on the industry. From game design, to controllers, to just the way games are literally played. SNES was the golden age of 2D gaming and PS1 made video games way more accessible to the mainstream, while N64 pushed 3D gaming to new heights. But, without a shadow of a doubt, the NES had the biggest impact out of them all.

Also the GameBoy deserves to be on that list

Update: I'm shocked the NES is so far behind in the vote! 

Obviously the Super Nintendo.

RPG powerhouse
Very little loading times
Still looks good today
Some of the best Nintendo first party titles
Great controller
Fun peripherals like Super Gameboy
Has Terranigma

Around the Network

Super Nintendo for me.
Had some of my favorite games of all time... And unlike the Playstation 1, didn't *really* have a competitor with games that defined genres like Mario 64, Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye.

Lufia 2 and Super Metroid I can just keep going back to every year.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Super Nintendo for me.
Had some of my favorite games of all time... And unlike the Playstation 1, didn't *really* have a competitor with games that defined genres like Mario 64, Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye.

Lufia 2 and Super Metroid I can just keep going back to every year.

Not sure if true.. Tekken 1-3 for 3D fighters, FF7 - JRPG's. Metal Gear Solid - TP action/stealth, Silent Hill/RE Survival horror :P

A lot of franchises that defined the genre's back in the PS1 era are still kinda relevant today. Many modern games were inspired from those.

Btw not looking to go into x is better than x thats all subjective. SNES had some of my favourite games of all time on there inc Super Mario Bros 3 and TLOZ ALTTP.

Last edited by hinch - on 08 February 2021

Ah, misread lol. To be fair the Sega Saturn was a awesome console with some great games.

kopstudent89 said:

Favourite is different from best. The best would have to be quite distinctive for its time, or a milestone in video game history. For that NES probably takes that glory just for the influence it has had on the industry. From game design, to controllers, to just the way games are literally played. SNES was the golden age of 2D gaming and PS1 made video games way more accessible to the mainstream, while N64 pushed 3D gaming to new heights. But, without a shadow of a doubt, the NES had the biggest impact out of them all.

Also the GameBoy deserves to be on that list

Update: I'm shocked the NES is so far behind in the vote! 

The way I intended the thread, "best" is down to one's personal interpretation of the phrase, not necessarily historical significance. (Though it can be that for you, if that's what you think is the most important criterion)