By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch DAMA Profile 45: NOV update (PS4 outsells NS by 0.6M)

How many units will the NS sell on December?

<4.2M 3 14.29%

4.2M-5M 3 14.29%

5.1M-5.5M 6 28.57%

5.6M-6M 3 14.29%

>6M 6 28.57%

Total:21

Hello everyone, here is the first DAMA Profile for Nintendo Switch.

This report corresponds to the month of November 2020 (year 4 for the switch)

Numbers on this report are Month Aligned, for more information on what this means click here

Interesting facts:

• The Switch is about 5M away from passing the 3DS all time sales, if it can sell as well in December as it did in 2019 then it should barely pass it.
  • The DS grew its lead over the Switch by ~319K units, but it is still in pretty close range.
  • PS4 outsold the Switch (month aligned) by over 0.6M units (about 18% higher)
  • December record is out of reach with the Wii selling ~7.4M units.
  • With only 9 months, the Switch was able to sell as many units as in all of Year 3 and it still has 3 of its best months left of sales (December, January and February).

Around the Network
dmillos said:

Hello everyone, here is the first DAMA Profile for Nintendo Switch.

This report corresponds to the month of November 2020 (year 4 for the switch)

Numbers on this report are Month Aligned, for more information on what this means click here

Interesting facts:

• The Switch is about 5M away from passing the 3DS all time sales, if it can sell as well in December as it did in 2019 then it should barely pass it.
  • The DS grew its lead over the Switch by ~319K units, but it is still in pretty close range.
  • PS4 outsold the Switch (month aligned) by over 0.6M units (about 18% higher)
  • December record is out of reach with the Wii selling ~7.4M units.
  • With only 9 months, the Switch was able to sell as many units as in all of Year 3 and it still has 3 of its best months left of sales (December, January and February).

Nice charts! But what does DAMA stand for?

Dama means lady in Spanish

Yeah, what the heaven means DAMA ?

MA most likely means Monthly Aligned.

So DAMA could be De Annual Monthly Aligned profile.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

DAMA is an old slogan of the great Heathen army led by Halfdan Ragnarson, his bothers, and successors. It means DESTROY ALL MERCIA’S ARMIES!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Nice charts! But what does DAMA stand for?

Hi @Bofferbrauer2 I am glad you enjoy the chart, Hopefully it will spark some conversations.

Chicho said:

Dama means lady in Spanish

@Chico This is definitely true, and I do speak spanish so maybe unconsciously I liked the Acronym because of this.

SKMBlake said:

Yeah, what the heaven means DAMA ?

Lol, sorry for the confusion 

TomaTito said:

MA most likely means Monthly Aligned.

So DAMA could be De Annual Monthly Aligned profile.

@TomaTito This is Correct, the MA stands for Month aligned, but Monthly Aligned sounds good as well. De Annual sounds good as well, unfortunately it is not the case.

Jumpin said:

DAMA is an old slogan of the great Heathen army led by Halfdan Ragnarson, his bothers, and successors. It means DESTROY ALL MERCIA’S ARMIES!

@Jumpin Thank you for the Historical reference, I learned something completely new today.

DAMA

Sorry everyone for the confusing title, The real title of the profile is:

Switch Data Analysis - Month Aligned Profile

Because it is so long, I decided to shorten it by creating an acronym, I didn't want the name of the console  to disappear so I left it complete, and I wanted people to know it is a profile, so I just shortened the rest, I know it is kind of weird, but hopefully it won't be too distracting in the future. 

This way it is also kind of a unique word that will help these profiles stand out a bit, next time when I post the PS5 DAMA Profile, you will easily relate it to this post.

Now for the interesting part, Does anyone know why PS4 sold so many units during that November 2016? 

DAMA

Sorry everyone for the confusing title, The real title of the profile is:

Switch Data Analysis - Month Aligned Profile

Because it is so long, I decided to shorten it by creating an acronym, I didn't want the name of the console  to disappear so I left it complete, and I wanted people to know it is a profile, so I just shortened the rest, I know it is kind of weird, but hopefully it won't be too distracting in the future. 

This way it is also kind of a unique word that will help these profiles stand out a bit, next time when I post the PS5 DAMA Profile, you will easily relate it to this post.

Now for the interesting part, Does anyone know why PS4 sold so many units during that November 2016? 

PS4 Pro released I believer.

dmillos said:

PS4 Pro released that month (November 10) and the Slim released two months prior. Of course this lad to strongly increased demand.

Also, I think remembering the console price dropped to $249 for a while to celebrate the launch.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 30 December 2020

Thanks for your work, this is an awesome graph. Should be an VGC-article really.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]