By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 50, 2020 (Dec 07 - Dec 13)

Tagged games:

Mnementh said:
src said:

Hardly anyone can sell software on PS5 because hardly anyone can buy a PS5. Its what happens when you produce a cutting edge console and have a biggest launch in the history of videogames.

What? You can't sell software because you have the *biggest* launch? Don't you want to rethink that?

Also we talk about Japan with Famitsu, and PS5 is hardly anywhere near a big launch in japan.

brute said:
src said:

Hardly anyone can sell software on PS5 because hardly anyone can buy a PS5. Its what happens when you produce a cutting edge console and have a biggest launch in the history of videogames.

Let me get this straight. PS5 has sold MORE than any other console in history at launch and due to it selling the most is the reason for low software? Flawless logic.

Shiken said:
src said:

You are reaching so far, you are contradicting yourself in the same post.

Also this is Japan we are talking about.  Sony gets less popular every generation over there, and the numbers prove it.  The market trends over there are just not in line with what Sony is trying to do.

You guys can't read.

Low software -> hardware is sold out -> hardware is sold out because high tech node (7nm) + PS5 being the biggest console launch worldwide

I never said Japan only. Japans stock is relative to how much stock there is globally and the fact you couldn't put 2 and 2 together is astonishing really.

Around the Network
src said:
Mnementh said:

What? You can't sell software because you have the *biggest* launch? Don't you want to rethink that?

Also we talk about Japan with Famitsu, and PS5 is hardly anywhere near a big launch in japan.

brute said:

Let me get this straight. PS5 has sold MORE than any other console in history at launch and due to it selling the most is the reason for low software? Flawless logic.

Shiken said:

Also this is Japan we are talking about.  Sony gets less popular every generation over there, and the numbers prove it.  The market trends over there are just not in line with what Sony is trying to do.

You guys can't read.

Low software -> hardware is sold out -> hardware is sold out because high tech node (7nm) + PS5 being the biggest console launch worldwide

I never said Japan only. Japans stock is relative to how much stock there is globally and the fact you couldn't put 2 and 2 together is astonishing really.

Or, perhaps, English isn't your primary language and you need to work on your composition. :shrug:

The BuShA owns all!

src said:
Mnementh said:

brute said:

Shiken said:

You guys can't read.

EVERYONE else in these Famitsu threads is talking about Japan only though.  Only you bring up worldwide, but it's irrelevant to this discussion.  Why is this so hard for you to understand?  Famitsu threads discuss Japan only sales.  There are plenty of other threads here that talk about global sales, take these discussions there where they will actually make some sense.

As for this week's numbers:  seems that all software is up, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see PS4 rebound a bit this week.  Switch pretty much matches YoY, which I honestly expect for the rest of the year.  XBox Series consoles holding on ok too.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

PS4 almost at PS5 levels this week... or should that be the other way around?

Konami has already caught up to Square in terms of the Top 3rd Party Switch Publishers, Momotaro is truly unprecedented success - no third party has achieved 1 million as quickly on the Switch. Next year Monster Hunter Rise will probably end up being the first 3rd Party game to launch very close if not over 2 million.  

Around the Network

Great week for Switch. It'll be interesting to see Cyberpunk's second week considering what we know about the PS4 version. Sony still neglecting Japan when it comes to PS5 stock (or Japan is neglecting the PS5). PS4 got a better holiday boost than I would have thought.

Signature goes here!

17 million for the Switch next week I guess

Those week on week changes, looks like the holiday has truly started.
Momotaro is the most impressive of all, could very well stay above 100k for the rest of the year.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

src said:

You guys can't read.

This only means Sony hates japan. They could produce more units for the launch of PS5 than for PS4, yet still managed to deliver less of them to japan.

Also for the games: the attach rate is below 1. So people bought PS5 without a game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

and Konami will release MGS and Silent Hill for ...Ps5.

Nagoshi, Harada, and Kondo make school 

Nintendo needs a new Eternal Darkness and a new Fatal Frame.