By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry - Cyberpunk 2077

Random_Matt said:

You know the big wigs have already come out publicly stating they take the blame. They also confirmed that something they said they would never do again, slave labour. Bonuses were contingent on getting 90+ meta, so workers have been worked into the ground, but bonuses have been withheld due to the console/PC backlash.

You would be immoral buying their products, I won't, disgusting.

They already said they aren’t tying bonuses to the meta score anymore. And I don’t think you actually know what slave labor is. Try to be less emotional with your responses so that you don’t make silly comments like that. 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Performance mode: (60fps) (on both)
PS5: 1188p (its usually topped out at this res) inherits settings from the PS4pro, so some settings are pulled back.
Slightly maller Crowds, less LoD On lights ect.
Usually around 60fps, a few times it dips down to mid 50's (at worst, usually when driveing).

XSX: runs 1080p, goes a bit under. Slightly worse image quality overall than PS5.
has occasional "Lurches" where it freezes (0fps for a few sec) until it resumes.
Has more dips, down into the low 40's (in gunplay).
But it has higher trafic density (more cars)

That is rough and we don't even get any ray tracing or advanced features. I thought we got 10/12 TF of performance here? No advanced RT cores and no DLSS is a big downer for these next gen consoles.

It's not remotely optimized for next gen, it's just running PS4 Pro / XOneX code with uncapped framerates, so it couldn't use any hardware DLSS even if it was there.
So like many peopel said, there's not much point making final judgement of current condition when the real nextgen version will be released down the road next year.

Azzanation said:

Pointless DF take, they should have waited until the actual next gen patches released. This info is pointless since neither is being optimized.

The game is released and people purchase it. They should know what they are going into before the purchase.

Patch is a uncertainty. It may fix all issues, some issues, nothing important. You don't know. So what people need to know at this point is the thing they get at this point. I am sure DF will make an update, once the patches arrived.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

SvennoJ said:

Agreed, it seems like DF is just holding off on the real damning comparison, the base consoles.

Also no mention of HDR implementation

It's confusing, is it a next gen title or a last gen title. No proper HDR but does have fancy new lighting and ray tracing.

So both run the same code base, ps5 limited by the max res from ps4 pro but luckily had unlocked frame rate.
XBox got the settings turned up a bit which make it a bit less stable, yet that's the settings turned up on the old gen code base, not surprising.

Imo DF is just stalling.

I'm still waiting on Alex to deliver his optimised settings vidya for the PC version. Haven't really heard much from him since the first 2077 video a few days back.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Azzanation said:

Pointless DF take, they should have waited until the actual next gen patches released. This info is pointless since neither is being optimized.

They are doing their jobs , showing how the game is and alerting people. What is pointless is your comment

If they were doing their job they would remove the recommended badge or make it very clear that it only applies to the PC version.

Review or at least put a preview up of the console version (there was a DF video, but disappeared from the main page already)

Not pretend it's great on the next gen consoles "Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5/Xbox Series X|S: a night and day improvement over last-gen consoles?" Sure there is a ? but it reads like PS5 and XSX are doing the game justice while all they do is making the base console code somewhat playable.

It looks more like sugarcoating than alerting people while holding off the important information, how it runs on the base consoles.

Imagine the game had come out before ps5 and xsx were released, no crutch available to make the game 'run'.

Azzanation said:

Its not pointless, I was debating getting the ps4 version for backwards compat with PS5, now i know to wait until its remastered for PS5. Exactly what i needed to know.

numberwang said:
JRPGfan said:

PS5: 1188p (its usually topped out at this res) inherits settings from the PS4pro, so some settings are pulled back.
Usually around 60fps, a few times it dips down to mid 50's (at worst, usually when driveing).

XSX: runs 1080p, goes a bit under. Slightly worse image quality overall than PS5.
has occasional "Lurches" where it freezes (0fps for a few sec) until it resumes.

That is rough and we don't even get any ray tracing or advanced features. I thought we got 10/12 TF of performance here? No advanced RT cores and no DLSS is a big downer for these next gen consoles.

These are not ps5 or XSX games though? Just the ps4 pro and XBX versions. How would they have advanced graphical and lighting improvements without a remaster?

It can't eat monster for breakfast ?

numberwang said:
JRPGfan said:

Next-gen native versions are not out yet. DF tested current gen versions running on backward compatibility of PS5/XsX/S.