By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry - Cyberpunk 2077

shikamaru317 said:
Mar1217 said:

Well, take it as a bit of wordspread but #Cyberbug 2077 is trending right now.

Seems like console players aren't happy as expected.

Vocal minority I'm sure. Most people are playing it and enjoying it in spite of the issues, just like they do with Bethesda games on release, which tend to have similarly poor graphics and performance, and lots of bugs on release. 

I mean look at sales, they don't seem affected by the controversy at all. On Amazon US, Cyberpunk sold out on both PS and Xbox yesterday, and people are keeping it at #3 PS4 and #12 Xbox on the hourly charts simply by preordering copies of the restock, restock is not expected for 7-10 days it says. You know people are hyped to play it still when they are willing to wait 7-10 days for physical instead of buying digital. 

I guess it shows it's just a vocal minority that cares about 60 fps, steady fps, judder, stutter, screen tearing, VRR, 4K, HDR, glitches, bugs, world interactivity and what not. Kinda funny how BC is the saving grace for a new game, as well as the mid gen refreshes that are all about caring about 60 fps, steady fps, judder, stutter, screen tearing, VRR, 4K, HDR.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Mar1217 said:

Well, take it as a bit of wordspread but #Cyberbug 2077 is trending right now.

Seems like console players aren't happy as expected.

Vocal minority I'm sure. Most people are playing it and enjoying it in spite of the issues, just like they do with Bethesda games on release, which tend to have similarly poor graphics and performance, and lots of bugs on release. 

I mean look at sales, they don't seem affected by the controversy at all. On Amazon US, Cyberpunk sold out on both PS and Xbox yesterday, and people are keeping it at #3 PS4 and #12 Xbox on the hourly charts simply by preordering copies of the restock, restock is not expected for 7-10 days it says. You know people are hyped to play it still when they are willing to wait 7-10 days for physical instead of buying digital (CD Projekt does really good physical editions, even include their soundtracks with them). 

I am playing and enjoying it on my Series X as well.  Aside from a few graphical glitches, it looks and runs great (playing Quality mode).  Also you are correct that they are a vocal minority from what I have seen.  Maybe not on the forums, but in a few facebook gaming groups that I posted these issues in, there was a surprising number of people saying it ran fine for them on their gen 8 consoles and that the issues were overblown.  I do not agree with them (I think they are in denial), but yeah this game will still sell gangbusters regardless of the controversy.

What disgusts me is not my own experience with the game, I have had no issues.  But most people are not lucky enough to have a Series X or a PS5.  It genuinely bothers me that they released a game that runs regularly around 15 to 20 fps on the consoles they released and advertised the game on.  Had this been a gen 9 console exclusive, the issues that are there would be more forgiving.  But this is advertised as a gen 8 game, that only works correctly on gen 9 hardware via BC.  It is borderline false advertising as far as I am concerned, and the average joe is not going to realize that a PS4 or X1 game does not run well on a PS4 or X1.

I honestly feel that this should have been pushed back to holiday 2021 and made gen 9 exclusive on consoles.  They could have ironed out the bugs and focused on the hardware that can run it, and even avoided the crunch on the developers.  But thats just me, and at the end of the day this will be another huge seller for CDPR.  Hell if they manage to patch everything to a truly polished state, most may even forget that this was ever even an issue 5 years from now.  That doesn't make it right however, and it leaves me feeling conflicted.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Random_Matt said:

You know the big wigs have already come out publicly stating they take the blame. They also confirmed that something they said they would never do again, slave labour. Bonuses were contingent on getting 90+ meta, so workers have been worked into the ground, but bonuses have been withheld due to the console/PC backlash.

You would be immoral buying their products, I won't, disgusting.

My god. Are you being overly reactive and seemingly on a hate campaign, repeating the same hyperbolic crap everywhere on the forums.

Can never take comments like this seriously. And the only thing it achieves is putting your credibility to the dumpster.

I suggest you tone that down, for your sake here.

Shiken said:

I can't help but be disgusted by this overall. The game is unplayable on the consoles it is advertised on, full of bugs, and crunched to come out in 2020. They really should have just made it timed PC exclusive, cut gen 8 out, and polished the gen 9 consoles to release in fall 2021. We would have a more stable product without the crunch on the devs as a result.

Yeah they should of had it timed on PC just to iron out the bugs.

I brought this on PC, though it's not without its problems, its quite a looker and runs pretty good. Also i believe the PC (GOG/Steam) versions have an extra mission.

Either way the PC so far is the place to play it if people have the rig for it. 

Shaunodon said:
Pemalite said:

PC is the place to play this. CD Project Red tends to be a PC developer first and foremost, so this was always expected, Witcher was the same.

If you want more consistent performance, get the Playstation 5 version.
If you want better graphics, get the Xbox Series X version.

The little "console that could" obviously goes to the Xbox Series S.

All of this can change when a next-gen patch releases.

I elected to play it on Xbox One X first, and while the performance gets shaky at times, mostly in city areas, it's never bad enough to truly break the experience, and the picture quality has actually been better than I thought it'd be.

Overall, even with all the bugs and crashes, the game has been more than playable.

Yeah, nah. As an Xbox One X, Xbox Series X and PC owner... If you feel the image quality is "better than you thought" then you really haven't seen the way it's meant to be played, the PC is a significant step up over the consoles in every single way... More so over the last gen consoles where by comparison the last-gen consoles look like a blurry, boring/plain, stuttery mess.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Shaunodon said:

I elected to play it on Xbox One X first, and while the performance gets shaky at times, mostly in city areas, it's never bad enough to truly break the experience, and the picture quality has actually been better than I thought it'd be.

Overall, even with all the bugs and crashes, the game has been more than playable.

Yeah, nah. As an Xbox One X, Xbox Series X and PC owner... If you feel the image quality is "better than you thought" then you really haven't seen the way it's meant to be played, the PC is a significant step up over the consoles in every single way... More so over the last gen consoles where by comparison the last-gen consoles look like a blurry, boring/plain, stuttery mess.

It's better than I thought it'd be for Xbox One X. Previously the only gameplay I'd seen for that version was the 10min youtube video, but actually getting to play and see it on tv, it's not as blurry as I was preparing myself for.

And while the performance can tank in cities and dense areas, in the actual areas involving combat/gameplay I've experienced so far, the performance holds up well enough to not be distracting.

Obviously when I move on to PC though, I expect it to play a good deal better.

Shaunodon said:
Pemalite said:

It's better than I thought it'd be for Xbox One X. Previously the only gameplay I'd seen for that version was the 10min youtube video, but actually getting to play and see it on tv, it's not as blurry as I was preparing myself for.

And while the performance can tank in cities and dense areas, in the actual areas involving combat/gameplay I've experienced so far, the performance holds up well enough to not be distracting.

The PC is pretty much the true next-gen experience as the only platform capable of achieving true 4k+120fps with all the visuals cranked up, it's clarity when  super-sampled on my display at 144hz cannot be understated.

I expect the Xbox Series X and Playstation 5 to get enhancements... But I can't stress how much of a gap there is between a high-end PC and consoles, even the "next gen" consoles which patches won't magically resolve... The Xbox One X is a step down from my Series X, which in turn is a step down from my PC.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMW9UFDJoJ4

Nxgamers video is out too, he has similiar conclusions as Eurogamer. Except the FPS advantage PS5 has seems to be bigger than what Eurogamer showed but XsX actually has a resolution advantage over PS5 in performance mode. Other thing is even if you drop frames on XsX you don't get any screen-tearing so I assumes most people won't notice those dips anyway.

Looking at benchmark for this game, you need minimun something like Geforce 3070/Radeon 6800 to enjoy this game, it should be enough for 1440p/60fps at high settings.

Last edited by Trumpstyle - on 13 December 2020

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Pemalite said:
Shaunodon said:

The PC is pretty much the true next-gen experience as the only platform capable of achieving true 4k+120fps with all the visuals cranked up, it's clarity when  super-sampled on my display at 144hz cannot be understated.

I expect the Xbox Series X and Playstation 5 to get enhancements... But I can't stress how much of a gap there is between a high-end PC and consoles, even the "next gen" consoles which patches won't magically resolve... The Xbox One X is a step down from my Series X, which in turn is a step down from my PC.

How you getting 4k/120fps, Captain_yuri is playing at 1440p (widescreen) with DLSS and still cant get stable 60fps, he has Geforce 3080. Atleast from a post of his I saw. Also hardware unboxed says DLSS quality mode looks worse than native resolution.

I expect the enhancement patch to be decent, in BC mode, they are not using the architectural improvements from the GPUS.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Pemalite said:
Shaunodon said:

Sigh. Really?

Can‘t he think the game looks better than he thought it’d be without you boasting about your PC running it with visuals more realistic than reality itself? Not only this, but I call BS on your “4K120 at maxed settings” claim. But even if true, there is no need to tell him he is wrong for appreciating the version he chose to go for and for you to shove down your PC elitism down people’s throats when the comment you reply to doesn’t even remotely warrant it.

Last edited by Hynad - on 13 December 2020