By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry - Cyberpunk 2077

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0aZocGxy3I

TL - DR:

Quality mode (XSX only):
looks better than PS5, runs 30fps (minor dips, 27-30fps).
1512-1720p resolution (spends more time at the lower range of these two).
Better crowd sizes, reflections, post processing, ambiant occlusion.

Performance mode: (60fps) (on both)
PS5: 1188p (its usually topped out at this res) inherits settings from the PS4pro, so some settings are pulled back.
Slightly maller Crowds, less LoD On lights ect.
Usually around 60fps, a few times it dips down to mid 50's (at worst, usually when driveing).

XSX: runs 1080p, goes abit under. Slightly worse image quality overall than PS5.
has occasional "Lurches" where it freezes (0fps for a few sec) until it resumes.
Has more dips, down into the low 40's (in gunplay).
But it has higher trafic density (more cars)

DF take (best way to play):
30fps on XSX
60fps on PS5  (slightly higher res, more stable fps) (its also the only option the PS5 has)

Realistically?
Wait until both get a next gen patch, to fix all these issues.

"when I first walked down to the city on all console versions, you just felt something was wrong,
there was this level of emersion that I got when playing on pc, and I never felt that playing on console versions,
it really is that differnt" - john.

John doesnt like any console version.
Says you should play it on a PC.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 12 December 2020

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Smart CDPR, the game was a PC timed exclusive all along while the console profits from an early access version.

The fact that its on PS4/XB1, is a sham almost.
XB1 and PS4, are blurry messes, that dip down to 15fps during gameplay.

Now this is about the PS5 and XSX.
Which granted, can through backwards compatability, run these games (and better than PS4/XB1), but its still not running as it should.

Its up to CDPR to fix this crap fest.
Its buggy, and not running as it should on next gen consoles (on either).

Pointless DF take, they should have waited until the actual next gen patches released. This info is pointless since neither is being optimized.

This game should have been next-gen console only releases from the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Looks like an XSX win to me overall. Even with slight frame rate advantage on PS5, the higher crowd and traffic density on the XSX is preferable to the world itself IMO. This will vary from person to person I suppose, but performance mode is a noticeable trade off either way.  The frame rate on the X is mainly in the mid 50s under stress, which isn't too far from the mark considering you have more going on in crowded areas than PS5.

The XSX is pretty much locked at 30 fps on quality mode, and is the best looking console version to play as well with boosts to ambient occlusion, reflections, lighting, post processing and resolution.

Bugs still present in both however. I look forward to seeing the next gen patch, and will play a second run when it drops.  It will be interesting, because this already seems like a gen 9 game forced onto gen 8 consoles.

Last edited by Shiken - on 12 December 2020

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

Pointless DF take, they should have waited until the actual next gen patches released. This info is pointless since neither is being optimized.

Agreed, it seems like DF is just holding off on the real damning comparison, the base consoles.

Also no mention of HDR implementation

It's confusing, is it a next gen title or a last gen title. No proper HDR but does have fancy new lighting and ray tracing.

So both run the same code base, ps5 limited by the max res from ps4 pro but luckily had unlocked frame rate.
XBox got the settings turned up a bit which make it a bit less stable, yet that's the settings turned up on the old gen code base, not surprising.

Imo DF is just stalling.

I'm glad I waited
I'll get this after the next gen patch (on PS5)

I can't help but be disgusted by this overall. The game is unplayable on the consoles it is advertised on, full of bugs, and crunched to come out in 2020. They really should have just made it timed PC exclusive, cut gen 8 out, and polished the gen 9 consoles to release in fall 2021. We would have a more stable product without the crunch on the devs as a result.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Enhanced or definitive edition it is, i'm glad i refunded just right after 6+ hours in then canceled my playthrough.

(Xbox version, played on Xbox Series X)

You know the big wigs have already come out publicly stating they take the blame. They also confirmed that something they said they would never do again, slave labour. Bonuses were contingent on getting 90+ meta, so workers have been worked into the ground, but bonuses have been withheld due to the console/PC backlash.

You would be immoral buying their products, I won't, disgusting.