By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series. PS5 breaks PS4's launch record

JRPGfan said:
Chris Hu said:

You can use a X1 controller on the series S and X so there is no need to buy a extra controller since most people that bought one already have some spare ones.  PS4 controllers don't work on PS5 games.

Yes, but again... this is the most, in terms of unit+dollars, any gen of any console, at any time, at launch a console has done in the USA.
So no reason to compair to xbox series x.

PS5 sold alot of controllers apparently.

No, duh since the pretty much force you to buy another PS5 controller if you want to have more then one since a PS4 controller doesn't work on PS5 games.

Around the Network

Where? I want one for my daughter

B6a6es said:
RolStoppable said:

Launch month isn't indicative of momentum at all when both consoles sold out. XSX|S is in better shape than XB1 seven years ago despite a lower launch month, because we have mid-December and no gossip of Xboxes sitting on store shelves; the XB1 came down quickly and was mocked for its unsold Day 1 Editions.

Guess we have to wait and see, although selling less than Xbone at launch is worrisome (seeing decent amounts of unsold Series S here in UK)

Series S in stock? Where please, I want one for my daughter.

Nogamez said:
B6a6es said:

Guess we have to wait and see, although selling less than Xbone at launch is worrisome (seeing decent amounts of unsold Series S here in UK)

Series S in stock? Where please, I want one for my daughter.

Some on Ebay.

Kind of expected. The hype levels betwen the 2 had the biggest gap I have ever seen. I think you can have a Sony exec say hi on twiter and it would have gotten more likes than a full xbox presentation.
I just dont buy the stock problem. These companis expected a level of demand and they prepare for it. They must have known that the x1s had tanked the series x demand. They would never over supply a product as that would devalue the product and kill some of the hype. Had any of theese companies actually met demand it would actually be a bad thing. Thats how manupulative sales tactics work. So both produced just a bit under what they expected to sell tonartificially rise demand.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

i'm surprised the series s is available in australia. I thought it would have been sold out.

eva01beserk said:

Kind of expected. The hype levels betwen the 2 had the biggest gap I have ever seen. I think you can have a Sony exec say hi on twiter and it would have gotten more likes than a full xbox presentation.
I just dont buy the stock problem. These companis expected a level of demand and they prepare for it. They must have known that the x1s had tanked the series x demand. They would never over supply a product as that would devalue the product and kill some of the hype. Had any of theese companies actually met demand it would actually be a bad thing. Thats how manupulative sales tactics work. So both produced just a bit under what they expected to sell tonartificially rise demand.

Like what happened before the big bang, it's a great mystery ( to me ) how I can edit a comment, and instead of the edit, an entirely new comment is created, and the original comment remains as well. This space should still serve some purpose beyond expressing my bewilderment however.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 13 December 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

eva01beserk said:

There does seem to be something of a gap, and it's manifested itself in a few different ways in the lead-up to the launch, and throughout the launch window. One thing I caught that I found interesting is the mentions of PS5 and the PS5 shortages on comedy shows. Last Week Tonight With John Oliver, Late Night With Seth Myers, Tosh.0, Real Time With Bill Maher, and last week SNL had a PS5 skit with Eminem. No mention of Xbox Series X-S on any of them.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 12 December 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Conina said:
Cobretti2 said:

To heard that it sold less than the XBOX ONE that had negative publicity around launch is concerning just how they fucked up and needed more stock.

The Xbox One wasn't manufactured and launched in an Pandemic year with huge logistic problems.

How did Sony manage it then? To outsell the PS4.

Microsoft had the same opportunities, in fact with their money behind them and world presence as a company, they should have been able to make more than Sony.

KratosLives said:

i'm surprised the series s is available in australia. I thought it would have been sold out.

Where? I can't even preorder any of the models atm lol. All the waves sold out.