By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series. PS5 breaks PS4's launch record

Random_Matt said:
Nogamez said:

Series S in stock? Where please, I want one for my daughter.

Some on Ebay.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to pay scalper prices for a Series S.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Chris Hu said:

Neither console launch was that impressive especially if you look at the fact that the switch dominated Black Friday sales by a wide margin.

Hm... all time sales record is not impressive?

By black friday both consoles were already sold out (launch day/week), of course the Switch sold more than the other ones you couldn't even buy...

Selling 1.6 million consoles on Black Friday week without any major deals is more impressive then the PS5 launch.

Chris Hu said:

Neither console launch was that impressive especially if you look at the fact that the switch dominated Black Friday sales by a wide margin.

lol...

Impressive launch for both

Supposedly Walmart is going back to online only console sales because associates are getting harassed too much about PS5's and Xbox's. Saw some reports of physical confrontations and employees getting followed after work LOL. Insanity.

Good job by Sony, surprised they had enough stock to break the record. MS clearly was late (as they admitted) and had problems getting stock. Will be interesting to see supply versus demand into 2021.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Chris Hu said:

lol...

I know, right? Maybe he doesn't care about fact of Sony breaking record, but then why come to this thread and comment on it?
So clearly it is impressive enough that he feels he must engage counter narrative against it. Just feels like trolling,
when the issue is clearly factual and relevant to website nominally based on tracking stuff like console sales.
It's like if somebody came here and said how they don't like videogames and they don't matter. I mean, that may be
their opinion but de facto it's hostile to the ongoing topic, not actually engaging the topic as it exists.
I don't know why he didn't just start thread for his own preferred topic, but oh yeah, this topic is so unimpressive he must undermine it.

1. Just look at the curve of supply and demand. It is not beneficial for any manufacture to ever supply more product of there is demand. Doing so will devalue the product. So manufactures will always stay under the profitability zone and always produce less than its demanded. Its called artificial scarcity. So both Sony and MS knew how much product to make and they did. There would have never been a scenario in wich these companies meet demand untill spring. Covid or rdna2 would not change anything. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

mutantsushi said:
Intrinsic said:

lol...

I know, right? Maybe he doesn't care about fact of Sony breaking record, but then why come to this thread and comment on it?
So clearly it is impressive enough that he feels he must engage counter narrative against it. Just feels like trolling,
when the issue is clearly factual and relevant to website nominally based on tracking stuff like console sales.
It's like if somebody came here and said how they don't like videogames and they don't matter. I mean, that may be
their opinion but de facto it's hostile to the ongoing topic, not actually engaging the topic as it exists.
I don't know why he didn't just start thread for his own preferred topic, but oh yeah, this topic is so unimpressive he must undermine it.

Its not trolling its facts selling 1.6 consoles on Black Friday week without any major sales during a pandemic is more impressive then the PS5 launch.

Chris Hu said:
BraLoD said:

Hm... all time sales record is not impressive?

By black friday both consoles were already sold out (launch day/week), of course the Switch sold more than the other ones you couldn't even buy...

Selling 1.6 million consoles on Black Friday week without any major deals is more impressive then the PS5 launch.

Sure, but its normal that a mature console is beating the monthly sales of a new one. The trend for consoles sales is it usually and increase until the 3rd to 5th year and then a steady decline. Switch is in it's prime for sales right now so it's not totally unexpected that it would beat Sony and Microsoft. It also helps the Switch was doing well before the new systems launched. 

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

BraLoD said:
Chris Hu said:

You seem to think the pandemic is slowing things down instead of the reality is has been boosting sales the whole time.

PS5 sold everything that was made available and beat any kind of launch records ever.

You can stop the senseless downplay, it's sad.

I'm not downplaying anything I'm just giving facts.  I'm pretty sure the Switch is also the first console that sold over 70 million units without a price cut.