By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II Wins Game of the Year!

Loved the first game but couldn't couldn't bring myself to play this. Would have liked to see something else win.

Around the Network

I don't agree with it, but congratulations to ND. I hope we get more LoU games with a new cast in the same world. They should have left Joel and Ellie alone, but the world itself has a LOT of potential.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

DonFerrari said:
KratosLives said:

I disagree about GoT winning art. Tlou2 is in league of it's own in every area. Pound for pound, if you were take every environment of both games , (excluding techical marvel which tlou2 wins in the graphics department and set a new bar,)'and look at the level of detail, the variety of locales and areas/location set pieces ,  and the fine details, tlou2 easily comes out on top. The details are staggering. The amount of artists they must have and the years they put into it, and the perfections they must be and the expectations set from neil, I have never seen a game with so much "art" in it like tlou2. 

That is the problem kratos, it is art direction, not "art". There is a lot more artistical feeling and mesmerizing the eyes on GoT setting than on TLOU2. On technical terms TLOU2 wins hands down, but on the atmosphere and prettyness GoT is ahead. If GoT was developed by ND it would be a thing of another world.

How is ghost more mesmerizing to the eyes? I bet for every new moment  you find I can find another 2 more in terms of " wowness" to the eyes. But remember not everything needs to be only  beautiful to be amazed to look at.

KratosLives said:
DonFerrari said:

That is the problem kratos, it is art direction, not "art". There is a lot more artistical feeling and mesmerizing the eyes on GoT setting than on TLOU2. On technical terms TLOU2 wins hands down, but on the atmosphere and prettyness GoT is ahead. If GoT was developed by ND it would be a thing of another world.

How is ghost more mesmerizing to the eyes? I bet for every new moment  you find I can find another 2 more in terms of " wowness" to the eyes. But remember not everything needs to be only  beautiful to be amazed to look at.

Sincerely the locations used for TLOU2 doesn't bring a beautiful setting or environment, on GoT that is in spades.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BraLoD said:
Dahum said:

So happy it won all the awards it was nominated for since it deserved all of them.

It lost on Music for Final Fantansy VII and on Art for Ghost of Tsushima.

I haven't played FFVIIR but if anything had beaten GoT on Art it would not have been right.

GoT feels like playing a painting depicting a poem (or haiku xD).

Yeah, i watched the whole show and meant the awards TLOU2 actually won haha.

i voted for The Last of Us Part ll in every category it was nominated for except art direction, which I rightfully and deservingly gave to Ghost of Tsushima. I was very glad GOT won it instead since it was a captivating art to look at from my personal playthrough with it.

Around the Network

Meh, to each their own, Last 2 wasn't even in my top 3 this year. I found the second half of the game quite mediocre.

Congrats I guess. Can’t say I think it’s deserved but it’s doesn’t matter only my personal goty matters lol

DonFerrari said:
KratosLives said:

Sincerely the locations used for TLOU2 doesn't bring a beautiful setting or environment, on GoT that is in spades.

But there are in fact many beautiful areas and levels of work in the game. I may just have to make a video comparison and do a count for count like comparison and analysis. 

The Last of Us 2 is by far the most impressive game of the year. It's nice to see that millions of gamers have voted for it.
Should everyone play at Christmas or catch up on PS5 this year :)

Glad this is getting ratioed on YouTube. Ghost and Doom were cheated this year, though Ghost at least won the award that gamers chose.