By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II Wins Game of the Year!

Meh, to each their own, Last 2 wasn't even in my top 3 this year. I found the second half of the game quite mediocre.

Around the Network

Congrats I guess. Can’t say I think it’s deserved but it’s doesn’t matter only my personal goty matters lol

DonFerrari said:
KratosLives said:

How is ghost more mesmerizing to the eyes? I bet for every new moment  you find I can find another 2 more in terms of " wowness" to the eyes. But remember not everything needs to be only  beautiful to be amazed to look at.

Sincerely the locations used for TLOU2 doesn't bring a beautiful setting or environment, on GoT that is in spades.

But there are in fact many beautiful areas and levels of work in the game. I may just have to make a video comparison and do a count for count like comparison and analysis. 

sales2099 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

God damn you sound mad as hell 😂

Haturz salty tears !!!

Ot : The last of us 2 killing it these game Awards, ghosts winning art , ffremake winning music, it was perfect, laura winning best performance was the cherry on top , the knife twist on the haturz 😂

The game hits all the same notes that movies use that win the Oscars. Diverse cast and sexualities. Strong female lead. Social issues explored. This award surprised nobody. It’s a  shame is how Druckman forever divided his own community on the treatment of Ellie and Joel in order to push his personal wants. 

I would normally not post about this, but your smug bragging compelled me. 

BraLoD said:
Dahum said:

So happy it won all the awards it was nominated for since it deserved all of them.

It lost on Music for Final Fantansy VII and on Art for Ghost of Tsushima.

I haven't played FFVIIR but if anything had beaten GoT on Art it would not have been right.

GoT feels like playing a painting depicting a poem (or haiku xD).

Ff 7 remake have the best music ever. Square usualy is king in music department, but ff7 remake music is a masterpiece, its perfect.

Dahum said:
BraLoD said:

I haven't played FFVIIR but if anything had beaten GoT on Art it would not have been right.

Yeah, i watched the whole show and meant the awards TLOU2 actually won haha.

i voted for The Last of Us Part ll in every category it was nominated for except art direction, which I rightfully and deservingly gave to Ghost of Tsushima. I was very glad GOT won it instead since it was a captivating art to look at from my personal playthrough with it.

GoT made me take screenshots like nothing else.

Took a good bunch on TLoU2 but GoT was just something else.

The way they made that thing look is surreal.

On a technical standpoint it doesn't hold a candle graphically to TLoU2 but Art Direction is also a no contest for GoT.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
sales2099 said:

The game hits all the same notes that movies use that win the Oscars. Diverse cast and sexualities. Strong female lead. Social issues explored. This award surprised nobody. It’s a  shame is how Druckman forever divided his own community on the treatment of Ellie and Joel in order to push his personal wants. 

I would normally not post about this, but your smug bragging compelled me. 

BraLoD said:

Ff 7 remake have the best music ever. Square usualy is king in music department, but ff7 remake music is a masterpiece, its perfect.

The original had an amazing soundtrack.

The Last of Us 2 is by far the most impressive game of the year. It's nice to see that millions of gamers have voted for it.
Should everyone play at Christmas or catch up on PS5 this year :)

Glad this is getting ratioed on YouTube. Ghost and Doom were cheated this year, though Ghost at least won the award that gamers chose.

thismeintiel said:

Glad this is getting ratioed on YouTube. Ghost and Doom were cheated this year, though Ghost at least won the award that gamers chose.

You mean all those little ppl who can't handle LGBTQ content who helped rally behind GoT winning the gamer award? Possibly the same ppl down voting the video if you ask me.

Not that it really matters.