By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II Wins Game of the Year!

Well Deserved, probably the Most Divisive Narrative since MGS2

Its a Shame that it got Leaked, otherwise it would’ve had a bigger impact.

Around the Network

Amazing, well deserved Goty.

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

So happy it won all the awards it was nominated for since it deserved all of them.

Not my personal pick (that would be Final Fantasy VII Remake), but having recently played through it a second time, and despite having liked it a lot the first time, I enjoyed it even more the second time. So I can’t say I am disappointed in it winning GOTY. It truly is a masterclass in storytelling and gameplay, technical mastery, sound design, accessibility options, and gameplay refinements. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, and many will find any reason to justify their dislike or hate of it, but I think the industry is better off with projects that dares what TLOUp2 dared, and I can’t wait to see what Naughty Dog delivers next.

Hopefully, something a little lighter on tone, because my heart needs a break for a while. xD

My game of the year was Bug Fables...but that obviously wasn't winning. I would have leaned Animal Crossing, but Last of Us 2 is well deserved as well.

Around the Network

Congratulations! F**k the haters!

BasilZero said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I find it funny that two groups of people will say that it was "obvious it was going to win", but for two totally different reasons.

????

It's obvious it was going to win because it's clearly the best game of the year

VS

It's obvious it was going to win because it's called TLoU2

Vodacixi said:
BasilZero said:

????

It's obvious it was going to win because it's clearly the best game of the year

VS

It's obvious it was going to win because it's called TLoU2

I mean, it's the sequel to the most popular exclusive game from the most popular first party studio of the most popular console.

Who would have thought?

Gratulation for this impressive Game!!! The most Awards and Game of the Year. It feels like a Next Generation-Title @ The Last of Us 2

And Ghost of Tsushima won some awards too :) Awesome!!

Dahum said:

So happy it won all the awards it was nominated for since it deserved all of them.

It lost on Music for Final Fantansy VII and on Art for Ghost of Tsushima.

I haven't played FFVIIR but if anything had beaten GoT on Art it would not have been right.

GoT feels like playing a painting depicting a poem (or haiku xD).