By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II Wins Game of the Year!

My game of the year was Bug Fables...but that obviously wasn't winning. I would have leaned Animal Crossing, but Last of Us 2 is well deserved as well.

Around the Network

Congratulations! F**k the haters!

BasilZero said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I find it funny that two groups of people will say that it was "obvious it was going to win", but for two totally different reasons.

????

It's obvious it was going to win because it's clearly the best game of the year

VS

It's obvious it was going to win because it's called TLoU2

Vodacixi said:
BasilZero said:

????

It's obvious it was going to win because it's clearly the best game of the year

VS

It's obvious it was going to win because it's called TLoU2

I mean, it's the sequel to the most popular exclusive game from the most popular first party studio of the most popular console.

Who would have thought?

Gratulation for this impressive Game!!! The most Awards and Game of the Year. It feels like a Next Generation-Title @ The Last of Us 2

And Ghost of Tsushima won some awards too :) Awesome!!

Around the Network
B6a6es said:

Well Deserved, probably the Most Divisive Narrative since MGS2

Its a Shame that it got Leaked, otherwise it would’ve had a bigger impact.

What happened with mgs2? I bought a ps2 mgs2 bundle edition, was my most anticipated game ever and loved it dearly. 

BraLoD said:
Dahum said:

So happy it won all the awards it was nominated for since it deserved all of them.

It lost on Music for Final Fantansy VII and on Art for Ghost of Tsushima.

I haven't played FFVIIR but if anything had beaten GoT on Art it would not have been right.

GoT feels like playing a painting depicting a poem (or haiku xD).

Final Fantasy VII Remake probably has the best soundtrack of the entire generation, in my book. The game is almost worth playing for its music alone.

And any of the games nominated for Art Direction deserved the award. They are all exceptional looking games.

BraLoD said:
Dahum said:

So happy it won all the awards it was nominated for since it deserved all of them.

I haven't played FFVIIR but if anything had beaten GoT on Art it would not have been right.

I disagree about GoT winning art. Tlou2 is in league of it's own in every area. Pound for pound, if you were take every environment of both games , (excluding techical marvel which tlou2 wins in the graphics department and set a new bar,)'and look at the level of detail, the variety of locales and areas/location set pieces ,  and the fine details, tlou2 easily comes out on top. The details are staggering. The amount of artists they must have and the years they put into it, and the perfections they must be and the expectations set from neil, I have never seen a game with so much "art" in it like tlou2. 

And the record breaking number of awards it won was fantastic, only lost to other Sony exclusives in music and art.
For all the hate Neil get, his games have doing well both financially and critically.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

KratosLives said:
BraLoD said:

I disagree about GoT winning art. Tlou2 is in league of it's own in every area. Pound for pound, if you were take every environment of both games , (excluding techical marvel which tlou2 wins in the graphics department and set a new bar,)'and look at the level of detail, the variety of locales and areas/location set pieces ,  and the fine details, tlou2 easily comes out on top. The details are staggering. The amount of artists they must have and the years they put into it, and the perfections they must be and the expectations set from neil, I have never seen a game with so much "art" in it like tlou2. 

That is the problem kratos, it is art direction, not "art". There is a lot more artistical feeling and mesmerizing the eyes on GoT setting than on TLOU2. On technical terms TLOU2 wins hands down, but on the atmosphere and prettyness GoT is ahead. If GoT was developed by ND it would be a thing of another world.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."