By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II Wins Game of the Year!

Nautilus said:
Hynad said:

So you’re  among those who need to trash or downplay something to try to elevate something else. Some kind of black or white type of guy?

Just there, you’re implying ND is talentless. That is as self-absorbed an argument as can be. That kind of statements don’t particularly show  you can be objective when it comes to any of this. On the contrary.

Good lord man. How hard is it to understand that what I mean is is that " I personally don't like it"?

There is nothing objective about anything that resembles an opinion, nor I'm downplaying anything( because if that was the case, then every opinion would be an direct attack to something else). The award is also an aglomeration of opinions. I don't agree with the TGA opinion on who the GOTY is, nor did I find The Last of Us 2 a good game, but that's my opinion. That's all, sheesh.

Simple. It’s the way you state your “opinion”. In absolute, and questioning and downplaying those who liked the game and the studio that made it. It’s not just that you didn’t like it, you literally contest other people’s taste and their talent.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Nautilus said:

Good lord man. How hard is it to understand that what I mean is is that " I personally don't like it"?

There is nothing objective about anything that resembles an opinion, nor I'm downplaying anything( because if that was the case, then every opinion would be an direct attack to something else). The award is also an aglomeration of opinions. I don't agree with the TGA opinion on who the GOTY is, nor did I find The Last of Us 2 a good game, but that's my opinion. That's all, sheesh.

Simple. It’s the way you state your “opinion”. In absolute, and questioning and downplaying those who liked the game and the studio that made it. It’s not just that you didn’t like it, you literally contest other people’s taste and their talent.

What? So you felt personally offended when I said that I felt that the game didn't deserve the award? Oh you poor, poor boy.

With all due respect, but do grow up. If you felt that was a direct attack to your own person just because I didn't agree with an award given to a game, and only that, then I have nothing else to say to you. If disagreeing over an decision and stating over and over that is a personal opinion is considered as, and I quote, "questioning and downplaying those who liked the game and the studio that made it" and "you literally contest other people’s taste and their talent" as if that's something inheringly bad and not being the side effects of any good discussion, then you really need to relearn the definition of opinion and discussion.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Hynad said:

What? So you felt personally offended when I said that I felt that the game didn't deserve the award? Oh you poor, poor boy.

With all due respect, but do grow up. If you felt that was a direct attack to your own person just because I didn't agree with an award given to a game, and only that, then I have nothing else to say to you. If disagreeing over an decision and stating over and over that is a personal opinion is considered as, and I quote, "questioning and downplaying those who liked the game and the studio that made it" and "you literally contest other people’s taste and their talent" as if that's something inheringly bad and not being the side effects of any good discussion, then you really need to relearn the definition of opinion and discussion.

“Do grow up”? Lol

Coming from one for whom it’s not enough that his opinion shall be different, others have to be wrong and their views and integrity questioned and downplayed, I’ll take it as another case of freudian projection.

Last edited by Hynad - on 14 December 2020

Hynad said:
Nautilus said:

“Do grow up”? Lol

Coming from one for whom it’s not enough that his opinion shall be different, others have to be wrong and their views and integrity questioned and downplayed, I’ll take it as another case of freudian projection.

I never said that others opinions have to be wrong. Just because I don't agree with them, dosen't mean that they are wrong. Like you said, they are just different. But I'm not in this forum to be politically correct. I'm not here to write phrases like " Great for the game! Congrats!" just for the sake of it. I'm going to write what I think about stuff without filters, but at the same time, without insulting anyone. Unless they are rude first, of course. I didn't like the game, I don't think it deserves to be GOTY, and that's it. If others think otherwise, that's fine.

It was you that are assuming things just because I wasn't singing praises about your beloved game. You could even say that you were projecting your own feelings in my posts.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Hynad said:
Nautilus said:

“Do grow up”? Lol

Starting your comment by laughing at a pointless grammatical issue that didn't prevent you from understanding him only proves his point about you. Grow up. 

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Hynad said:

“Do grow up”? Lol

I never said that others opinions have to be wrong. Just because I don't agree with them, dosen't mean that they are wrong. Like you said, they are just different. But I'm not in this forum to be politically correct. I'm not here to write phrases like " Great for the game! Congrats!" just for the sake of it. I'm going to write what I think about stuff without filters, but at the same time, without insulting anyone. Unless they are rude first, of course. I didn't like the game, I don't think it deserves to be GOTY, and that's it. If others think otherwise, that's fine.

It was you that are assuming things just because I wasn't singing praises about your beloved game. You could even say that you were projecting your own feelings in my posts.

Not at all. I explained clearly why you came off the way you did. There are manners you could have worded this without putting into question the opinions of others just because they gave it GOTY awards. It’s not as silly as praising it no matter what. That’s again a black and white way of seeing things and that’s not at all the issue I have with your way of presenting your “opinion”. I thought you were better than that, which is why I reacted like this.

But since you don’t want to see any of the points I brought, and deny all of them despite your comments being there for all to see, I will leave it at that now.

Last edited by Hynad - on 15 December 2020

Vodacixi said:
Hynad said:

“Do grow up”? Lol

Starting your comment by laughing at a pointless grammatical issue that didn't prevent you from understanding him only proves his point about you. Grow up. 

I kindly suggest you continue flaming people like that. ?

Stop hating the game! come on! If you like the game, good.
If you don't like the game, good.
In my opinion the game is nowhere close to be the best of 2020, but that's not important because I'm not giving the awards. A bunch of journalist are. So it's their decision, if you don't like it go create your own awards and give to the game you want.
Were the game awards biased in favor towards the TLOU2 Heck yes! Were the awards deserved?? Also yes, because the rules applied for that ceremony were fulfilled.
In the end all the negative media and hate ended up helping the game to win in the awards, If haters hadn't been crying all year round, the game would have been judged for what it is (as it's supposed to be) and not by this super Woke flag a lot of people are making it to look like.
I enjoyed the game, nowhere close as the first one.
I don't hate what happened to Joel, just the way it happened.
I really dislike the second part of the game.
The story is cringy, weak, poor, dull and boring.
The ending sucks hard.
But that's just my opinion, so it doesn't change the fact that it won the Game awards, my favorite game won in the previous 4 years, so I can live with this.

Hynad said:
Nautilus said:

Not at all. I explained clearly why you came off the way you did. There are manners you could have worded this without putting into question the opinions of others just because they gave it GOTY awards. It’s not as silly as praising it no matter what. That’s again a black and white way of seeing things and that’s not at all the issue I have with your way of presenting your “opinion”. I thought you were better than that, which is the why I reacted like this.

But since you don’t want to see any of the points I brought, and deny all of them despite your comments being there for all to see, I will leave it at that now.

Well, I respect your opinion, even if you don't agree with the definition of that word, so in that spirit, I'll leave you in peace.

Have a good day sir.

Nautilus said:

Didn't deserve it at all. Was a just a decent game at best. Oh well.

I am in the same boat, thought it was just ok.  Pacing issues really hurt the game.  The back portion was just boring.

I personally thought Ghost, VII Remake and Origami were better.  I bought 13 Sentinels will be playing it later this week, I suspect I may like that better as well.