Forums - Sales Discussion - November NPD 2020

Best selling family this month (units)?

Nintendo family 69 77.53%

Playstation family 19 21.35%

XBOX family 1 1.12%

Total:89
RolStoppable said:
Valdney said:

The price was cut by half during Black Friday. But the demand never stops and, it is indeed incredible what a game that was originally released in 2012 is still  doing now.  2D Mario is, beyond any doubt, the biggest Nintendo IP. 

If the price was temporarily cut, then that means even more unit sales, because NPD's chart is based on revenue.

If Nintendo doesn't make a new Super Mario Bros. game for Switch, then NSMBU Deluxe has a high chance of going beyond 20m copies sold globally.

Agreed. Unit sales must br extremely high as it dropped as low as $30 dollars on some major retailers.

US eshop dropped the price as well so digital must have been good as well which NPD doesnt factor.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Replicant said:
curl-6 said:
Ah yes, ol' Ryuzaki predictably looking for an angle to spin this as a win for PS over Nintendo when Switch was the highest selling system.

Oh, he's a known face? Maybe even from VGC?

Regarding the "win", don't get too caught up in it. We all know that Switch was the best selling individual console. Though I remember a lot of "family sales" posts in the past (e.g. in Wii U + 3DS years) so this is hardly a new thing. But I guess you see it as spin because you know this Ryuzaki?

Yes, Ryuzaki used to be a member here who would jumps through hoops to find any way to make Nintendo look bad.

Signature goes here!

Replicant said:
curl-6 said:
Ah yes, ol' Ryuzaki predictably looking for an angle to spin this as a win for PS over Nintendo when Switch was the highest selling system.

Oh, he's a known face? Maybe even from VGC?

Regarding the "win", don't get too caught up in it. We all know that Switch was the best selling individual console. Though I remember a lot of "family sales" posts in the past (e.g. in Wii U + 3DS years) so this is hardly a new thing. But I guess you see it as spin because you know this Ryuzaki?

Yeah he is/was a member here for many years and has an extensive track record. I'd normally give a post like this the benefit of the doubt but Ryuzaki's behaviour is very well known by this point.

Does anyone know when December's NPD results will come in?

javi741 said:

Does anyone know when December's NPD results will come in?

January 15th

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish