By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November NPD 2020

Best selling family this month (units)?

Nintendo family 69 77.53%

Playstation family 19 21.35%

XBOX family 1 1.12%

Total:89

So, the Switch sold less than last year and was still the best selling system of the month despite new consoles launching.

Wow, that's... Incredibly disappointing.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

So, the Switch sold less than last year and was still the best selling system of the month despite new consoles launching.

Wow, that's... Incredibly disappointing.

Stock issues for Nintendo Switch according to Gibson.

Well, I was wrong. By a lot.

I think the shipments by month in kilograms was a bit misleading to Gibson and to us because it's likely that a lot of that shipment got eaten up in october and not november.

p0isonparadise said:

Switch was top console selling 1.35 million.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201210006138/en/

Terrible numbers. COVID really messed up BF. Oh, and no Pokemon.

Looks like PS5/XBX were lower than I expected. 

Looks like we are a bit overtracked for Switch. We have it up slightly YoY so far in November. Though, I have a feeling Black Friday is where most of the drop is. It also looks like PS5 might be slightly overtracked as we have it at 1.21m with 1 week to go.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

So a bit overtracked overall. At least, that's a mild shower that might temper expectation for the coming months. Honestly, those 2M prediction were kinda insane.

Also, new gen systems were overtracked a bit as well.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

So a bit overtracked overall. At least, that's a mild shower that might temper expectation for the coming months. Honestly, those 2M prediction were kinda insane.

Also, new gen systems were overtracked a bit as well.

Switch figures have been adjusted down in the US (and Europe). Not totally sure on PS5 or XS yet as we don't have figures. Though, PS5 is likely slightly too high as if week 3 is the same as week 2 we would be above Switch sales.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Looks like stock issues derailed a lot of expectations.

Huge fail on Nintendo's end for not being able to get stock under control for the holidays.
Very disappointing sales, no matter how you look at it.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

p0isonparadise said:

Switch was top console selling 1.35 million.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201210006138/en/

Terrible numbers. COVID really messed up BF. Oh, and no Pokemon.

Looks like PS5/XBX were lower than I expected. 

Did any state actually take measures against retail shopping?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments