By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November NPD 2020

Best selling family this month (units)?

Nintendo family 69 77.53%

Playstation family 19 21.35%

XBOX family 1 1.12%

Total:89
chakkra said:

This is useless as it will ultimately come down to how many units they all managed to manufacture, but what the heck, here we go:

[NSW] 1900K
[PS5] 1300K
[XBS] 1100K

Oh boy, lol

Well, I guess I still have the chance to get the other two right.

Around the Network

Switch is down YoY? I can't say I expected that.

I mean 1.35 million is still a great number and the second highest November for Switch right? No new Pokémon game to drive sales this year either, so the fact that it was flat is still pretty remarkable. As has already been said, stock issues were once again prevalent. You could say this is partly down to Nintendo for having their forecast too low to begin with, then the fact that there were shortages in September and they sold double that amount in October. Clearly, they've just had no chance to stockpile.

Switch is no where to be found at any BestBuy within a 250 miles radius around me. It’s such a shame that Nintendo could not produce them fast enough. I am talking about the Hybrid model, of course. The Lite is easily found everywhere.

TruckOSaurus said:

I'll venture a guess:

NSW: 2,200K
PS5: 1,800K
XBSX: 1,600K
XBO & PS4: No idea

You see! That's why I normally don't predict anything...

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

The NPD PR release was posted over at ResetEra. While the Switch was #1 in units sold, the PS5 was #1 in revenue and had the biggest launch month of any system ever. That would mean it sold more than 1140k (the previous record set by the PS4 in 2013) but less than 1350k.

Now to wait for more hard numbers.

In followups, Mat Piscatella also said that XBox Series didn't set a record, so it's less than XBox One sold at launch.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Valdney said:

Switch is no where to be found at any BestBuy within a 250 miles radius around me. It’s such a shame that Nintendo could not produce them fast enough. I am talking about the Hybrid model, of course. The Lite is easily found everywhere.

Lite not carrying the load like it was earlier in the year when AC hype was at its apex. 

trunkswd said:
kenjab said:

In followups, Mat Piscatella also said that XBox Series didn't set a record, so it's less than XBox One sold at launch.

Supply constrained, while the Xbox One was readily available at launch. Also Xbox Series launched in 40 markets, while Xbox One launched in just 13. I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox Series sold more than Xbox One week one, but week 2 and 3 the Xbox One sold better. 

Yep, it does make sense considering the supply constraints. I wasn't implying anything in my post (I personally own a Series X and never had a One), just giving Shadow more parameters to work with.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Damn! The ONE time where my ONE million units prediction would have been the closest to correct without going over, and I flubbed it!

I guess I won’t be taking home that showcase :(

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It's a shame stock issues were such an issue, these could have been some of the craziest numbers we've seen from all three consoles if the supply was there. I haven't seen a single Switch console since before March at retail.