By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Nintendo-third party collaboration

Soren0079 said:

It's probably Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
I would pick Earthbound but that was developed by Ape and Hal.

Iwata re-programmed the entire game as a favor as well just to save the game from being canned essentially.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Super Mario RPG hands down. Dam it just give us a remake already! T_T

Great answers I see here. Would Metroid Prime count? Retro started development months prior to the acquisition, and the game was released 6 months later?

Sogreblute said:
Great answers I see here. Would Metroid Prime count? Retro started development months prior to the acquisition, and the game was released 6 months later?

Nintendo helped create the studio from former Iguana members (Turok) Nintendo helped found them in 1998.

Last edited by Leynos - on 17 November 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Super Mario RPG managed the almost impossible task of making me, who hates turn-based combat, still consider it a great game, so for that alone it deserves special commendation.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Soren0079 said:

It's probably Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
I would pick Earthbound but that was developed by Ape and Hal.

Iwata re-programmed the entire game as a favor as well just to save the game from being canned essentially.

Yea Iwata worked at Hal at the time but he also helped out Game Freak a few years later with Pokemon Red, Blue & Green despite still having to run Hal. The man was a machine!

Tokyo Mirage Sessions obviously

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

After doing some research, I just now found out that Nintendo SPD shared in the development of Fatal Frame 4, one of my favourite games of the last generation.

So that jumps pretty much straight to the top of my list, probably second only to Bayonetta 2, which again I'm not sure how much Nintendo was involved in that one beyond just funding/publishing.

Gonna go with Astral Chain on this one.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Does Goldeneye count? what about mario party games for the 64. they are all amazing and I spent countless hours playing them with friends and family.