By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Redesign Update

Nice. Its faster for me now than its ever been. Thank you

Around the Network

Site speed is definitely much better now and the new thread avatar size seems like a good compromise; the initial size really threw the flow off and made threads a bit hard to read at a glance but this looks improved.

its def. alot faster now than it was when the update first went live.
Feels like how it was pre update. Basically speed isnt a issue now.

The hot topic thing, takes abit getting used too, but even that is slowly growing on me.
Im no longer angry about the changes :P

The only noticable issue now, is quick comments/posts, loseing sentence structure (spaceing).
Its happend a few times, Ive written something, and it just turns into a wall of text afterwards.
(haveing to edit and sort out spaceing again)

Machina said:

Thread avatars

The other major change today is to the avatars showing on the front page forum list. The size of the avatars has been significantly reduced, so that they now take up less room, meaning more threads are shown per screen.

This is a sort of compromise, between people who want them removed because of visual overload and the amount of space they take up, and Talon's reluctance to completely ditch a new feature so soon after the relaunch. Feel free to let us know what you think to the change and whether it goes far enough.

its noticeable, and def. a improvement.

Good job on the speed issue, it’s much faster.

The smaller avatars is a big improvement imo.

Around the Network

The thread list looks much more pleasant now. It's still very crowded there, but this is much better than the big avatars.

There is a bug on the reply (Add comment) to a wall post feature. The 'Add' button is hiding. Looks like it's a simple fix though:

.add_comment_f_btn {

right: 73px (ELIMINATE THIS)

}

And then it is back where it belongs.

Thanks for the speed improvements, this is the most pressing issue. It is not optimal yet, but at this point it is definitely no longer a problem. If things get a bit snappier though, that would still be appreciated.

The forum avatar thing on the front page looks now great in my opinion. The forum-side of things has now a good ratio between text and images. The rest of the site still feels too much on the image side, but maybe I am just an old cranky man that hates nice pictures and wants to read.

EDIT: As I edited the post to separate the paragraphs: quick reply still has no paragraphs. Not a big issue and you probably are already aware.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 13 November 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Loading speeds much improved overall, though for some reason loading the messages page specifically is taking minutes. Just something I noticed but aren't too bothered by. Perhaps there's just work going on behind the scenes.

EricHiggin said:
Loading speeds much improved overall, though for some reason loading the messages page specifically is taking minutes. Just something I noticed but aren't too bothered by. Perhaps there's just work going on behind the scenes.

Firewall issue on the messages page... should be good now.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.